CHAPTER 2:

The next morning, Layla grinned cheekily as she held a pillow in her hands.

She'd debated doing this for about twenty minutes - it was a miracle Sam hadn't woken yet. After the decision it was a good idea, this was how she was now.

"3," Layla began muttering. "Two...one."

She slammed the pillow down on Sam, jerking him awake.

"Holy crap Layla!"

She burst into giggles, eyes widening when he grabbed the pillow and stood. "Uh oh."

"Run while you still can."

Layla screamed, sprinting from the room as fast as she could. She managed to hide herself behind a corner, still grinning.

But Sam found her quite quickly. "Come here, you!"

"Crap."

Layla laughed again as Sam got his payback.

"So why did I hear screeching this morning?" Colby asked as Layla and Sam were on the couch.

Layla, who was sitting upside down, hid her face. "I plead not guilty."

"Good dam try," Sam responded. "She woke me up with a pillow and then I chased her for payback."

"I did no such thing," Layla gasped, her hand over her heart. "How dare you accuse me of such a crime!?"

"Because you did it," Sam said bluntly. She glared at him. "I'm heading upstairs."

As he walked past her, he kissed her forehead and went up. Layla huffed.

"So did you scream this morning?" Colby asked her.

"Oh god, never."

"LIAR!" Sam shouted.

"PLEASE DON'T!"

"It was you!?"

"...maybe."

And so Layla Raegan Golbach had to run for her life for the second time that morning. 

Anne speaks!:
Hey I wanted to clear something up real quick.
People might (probably) remember the MC being called "Noelle"
and my reason. But I realised officially in my intro, she prefers "Layla".
And I changed her name so she no longer has Noelle in her name!
She's officially "Layla Raegan Golbach"!