A Perk Of Being Underweight

TW: shitty writing, talk about weight

Y/N'S POV:

I wake up on my bedroom floor, covered in blood and mud from my dad's shoe. I pull my phone out and check the time, it's 9.36pm, I've been unconscious for 5 hours, how great. I shakily pull myself up to my feet and head downstairs. Dad will murder me if I don't make him his dinner, he couldn't care less about mine though, as long as he has enough food to eat.

I'm basically the provider for this household, it's crazy. A 15 year old girl, who doesn't have a job, having to pay for her dad and herself. Well, that's just my life. Pretty fucked, tbh. One good thing is that I don't have to waste any money on period products or anything, a perk of being underweight I guess.

I get down to the kitchen and there's a note on the counter;

Brat,

I'm going out, cook your food and go to sleep

Dad

At least this note is a bit nicer than the last one. I grab an apple and decide to go on my phone for a bit, I definitely need to tell Alysha about Scarlett.

Ally 💗✌

ALYSHA

ANSWER

I JUST MET SCARLETT FREAKING JOHANSSON

Bullshit!

She signed my poster!

OMG

YOUR SO LUCKY!

IKR 😍

After managing to convince Alysha that I wasn't lying, I decide to put some of the makeup that my dad bought me on, just in case anyone came to the door. Lucky, I did because less than five minutes later, there was a knock at the door.

SCARLETT'S POV

The girl across the street from me seems nice, I think I gave her a bit of a shock earlier though, but I think the signed poster made up for it. I wouldn't normally do that for someone but she seemed genuinely nice. Her father seemed quite aggressive though, and I thought I heard some noises coming from their house, but that probably just me being paranoid. 

I go back inside and sit next to Colin explaining everything that just happen, especially about Y/N's father, he helped put my mind at ease. We began to drift off to sleep in each other's arms when we heard the noisy engine of a car start. Her father really needs to replace his car. It's the second time, I've heard it in the last hour and the lights are still on in the house. He could of accidentally left them on though. He wouldn't leave a 14 year old home alone at night, right?

I decide to see if the lights are still on and go over to the window. I notice someone walking  around down in the kitchen, I'll leave it 5 minutes and then I'll go over and knock. 

It's been  3 minutes but I can't wait any longer, anything could of happened  in the time I have been waiting. "Babe, I'm going across the road!" I shout up to Colin, who's currently in his office, writing a skit for SNL. He shouts back, "Okay, bye honey!" I say goodbye and go across the street to Y/N's house, praying everything is okay over there.

I get to her house, and knock on the door. As I'm waiting, I notice that her father's car is still not there and there are multiple lights on. Oh, please be ok, Y/N.

Y/N'S POV:

I look through the peephole and see that Scarlett is stood outside. I quickly open the door, and even though I've already met her, I can feel my whole face go a shade of crimson red. "Hey, Scarlett. Do you need anything?" I say, forcing out my words. God, I'm embarrassing myself. Scarlett smiles at me and put her hand out to me, "I accidentally kept your pen earlier." I take it and put it in my back pocket, "Thanks, you could've just kept it, you know. Pens aren't that expens-I have a lot of pens." I cut myself off quickly, I don't want to lie to Scarlett, I know pens aren't expensive but they are for someone who can't even afford food. Me.

"Don't worry, sweetheart." she says softly, clearly distracted by something. "You alright?" I ask, turning my head to look in the same direction as her. Scarlett says, distracted. "Is your father not home?" I manage to keep my face a normal colour and expression, "He's at work, he went to the shops then to work." She nods then smiles at me again then says, "Anyways sweetie, I'm gonna head home now. If you need anything, just come over." I smile and answer, stepping back into my house, "Thank you, bye." She waves and walks off.

I get up to my room and can barely keep my eyes open. I guess I'm actually going to go sleep tonight, for once. Ally would be happy with that, it means I don't have to sleep in the corner of Ms Jones's classroom. After, I lock the door, I fall asleep within seconds of my head hitting the pillow.

______________________________________________

This took a while

I'm gonna write shorter and more parts, it's just easier for me

How's your day?

------------------------

Words: 859