Shopping

"Avery, stop stressing! We've only been shopping for 30 minutes, I'm sure we'll find something sooner or later!" JJ cried, annoyed.

I groaned.

"But this is my fifth shopping trip! Nothing is just right, JJ. Cologne seems too insincere. A shirt seems too cheap! What. Am. I. Going. To. Do!?" I vent, frustration rolling through my body.

Some people stared as we entered another store at the mall, but I ignored them.

"Lower your expectations?" JJ suggested.

I growled at her.

"No! It will be perfect." JJ sighed, withdrawn.

"Ok, well describe what you want to get him," she said, messaging her temples.

I hummed.

"Well, it has to be thoughtful, but not too flashy, and it has to have meaning! Something that'll remind him of me," I murmured.

JJ stared at me.

"Avery... That's actually really sweet," she admired.

I snorted.

"Sure, whatever. What're you getting Sam?" I asked, a little embarrassed.

"Actually, I got him two tickets to his favorite concert," She said proudly.

I slumped.

Why couldn't I have thought of something like that? I stayed quiet as I browsed the store. It was an older store, that sold mostly antiques. I let out a frustrated breath.

"Someone, anyone, help me find the perfect gift!" I whispered to myself.

Quit being so melodramatic! My wolf complained.

Easy for you to say! You're not the one having to find this gift. I grumbled at her.

Cut it out, and look in the far left corner. She demanded.

I rolled my eyes but listened. I gasped. Oh my god it's perfect! I quickly got the attention of a clerk and bought it.

I skipped up to JJ.

" I found it!" I squealed.

She instantly knew what I was talking about and smile, relieved.

"Good, cuz I'm starving!" She joked, half heartedly.

I laughed and followed her to the food court.
......
I wiped my brow and smiled happily. All my gifts were now haphazardly wrapped and hidden under my bed.

I'm really happy with what I got my family this year. I got my mom some really nice, expensive perfume she's been begging for since after Mother's Day.

I got dad these old, vintage baseball cards. I got Brandon and all my guy friend's a gift card to Game stop since they all seem to like video games, and I got JJ this really pretty locket with a picture of us in it.

I'm not saying what I got Derek though, that is a surprise. I don't think I've ever been so anxious about a present before.

I seriously can't wait, and I'm really cutting it close too. Christmas Eve is tomorrow. I decided to take a shower, change and just go to bed.

My parents were on a date night, so it was eerily quiet. That was, until I heard glass break from down stairs.

I shot up in my bed, eyes wide. Oh my god, someone was breaking into my house. Immediately, I tried calling Derek. It went straight to voice mail.

Dang it! I guess he's a sleep. Next I tried Sam.

"Hello?" He croaked, tiredly.

"Sam, someone is breaking into my house. Come as quick as you can," I murmured, terrified.

"Avery? Are you ok? I'm on my way," He said, suddenly wide awake.

I heard the phone click off and I whimpered. I grabbed a knife Derek had insisted I keep in my room and tip toed down stairs.

I watched, wide eyed as a rogue pushed his way through a window in my living room. I tried not to breath and hoped that he wouldn't smell me.

He stood up straight and took a deep breath. God, he was terrifying. He was taller than me by at least a foot and was wired with muscle.

I gripped my knife harder and watched as the rogue took another deep sniff. I knew he'd either follow my scent to my bedroom, or follow my scent to where I stood.

I just hope he went with the first option. The moon light caught on the rogue's face. He had a scar running down his face from his left eyebrow to his cheek bone.

His eyes looked black as his gaze focused on the spot where I was hiding. I shuffled back silently, horror coursing through my veins. I think he's coming over here!

The footsteps stop, and I let out a breath of relief. I think he went up to my room. Slowly, I inch out, only to have a massive hand grab me by my throat.

I chocked as the rogue smiled, lifting me up in the air.

"Ah, so this is the alpha's mate. You're awfully ugly, I almost feel bad for Alpha Derek," the rogue chuckled.

I scratched at his hand, panic rushing through my mind.

"You're unmarked too! Woah, your alpha sure is confident. Either that, or he's an idiot."

I gasped, trying to breath but my air couldn't reach my wind pipes

"Too bad, little mate has to die," he smiled ruthlessly.

I gaped. How did he know about my nick name? Then, I was dropped.

I collapsed on the wooden floor, sucking in big gulps of precious air and coughing violently. The guy glared at me and growled.

"Your life is spared today, Avery Roberts, but My Luna wants her revenge," he snarled.

I stared in shock as he rushed out the broken window. The front door snapped open and five wolves came rushing. I recognized Brandon, Sam and Derek out of them.

I shuffled over to Derek's wolf and clutched him tightly and started crying. Then, everything got dizzy and nothing would stay still. I blacked out.

That night, I seriously thought I was about to die.
_______________________

Dun dun dun! Cliff hanger! Now the story gets exciting. 😊

Remember: Comment Like Vote!