54

54 - Reign and Reignited

ZARA

        I groaned, my brows scrunching together and I shifted positions in bed. But still, I couldn't seem to shake the feather-like tingles on my bare stomach. I moved again before blinking my eyes open, only narrowing them as they adjusted to the sudden intrusion of light.

And there he was.

The feature-like tingles on my skin came as a result of Haden leaving a trail of kisses on my stomach.

"What are you doing?" I groggily asked him as I peered down at him, my fingers unconsciously sweeping over the strands of hair in his face.

He gave me a cheeky smile.

"Enjoying this quality time with my mate," he offered before his kisses continued, leading him from my stomach up to my breasts. He took a nipple in his mouth and my back instinctively arched, the pleasure soaring through me.

I had never felt anything like this before. The heights of pleasure this man could give was beyond words. But I surrendered to it, to him as my body completely relaxed in his arms.

I pulled on his hair, dragging him up so his lips could connect with mine. The heat trapped us in, as if its only goal was to forge us together as one. We twisted and turned, both of us lost in the depths of the mate bond. It was a magnetic pull that almost seemed to strengthen with the acts of last night forging the bonds like fire to steel.

Passionately, we kissed as if our lives depended on it – and it did. He hooked my leg on his hips as our lips moved in sync before he sunk into me.

"Fuck," we both cursed, almost breathless as the new sensation.

He was still for a moment, almost relishing the way my body clenched to his, before he started his slow, agonizing strokes.

My soft moans filled the room and my eyes fluttered close, choosing to feel nothing but the pleasure this man gave. My mate. Mine.

"You feel so good," I groaned, my hands running down his back, tracing his toned muscles and pulling him closer to me.

I didn't miss the devilishly playful smirk on his lips or the gleam in his eyes, I only felt his pace pick up and his hands grabbed my waist as he drilled into me.

Flesh against flesh, skin against skin, two souls merging into one. My breathing labored and his grip tightened, both of us knowing that we were charging towards a cliff that would help us see the stars.

"Open your eyes, look at me princess," he demanded and, if he didn't say it, I wouldn't have realized they were closed. They shot open on command, my body responding to his every need – my body belonging to him and only him.

His chest shook at the low growl of approval and his eyes morphed into a light shade of gold.

His wolf.

In that second, his canines extended and immediately sunk into the mark on my neck. My vision blurred and my body shook viciously as the orgasm pulsed through me.

"Oh yes!" my scream echoed in the room.

"Fuck," he groaned, pulling out of me and finding his own release before flopping down beside me in the bed.

Ragged breathing and rapid heartbeats found company in the silent room as we both descended slowly from Cloud Nine.

"Mmhm, you're addictive, princess," he mumbled after a while, chuckling as he glanced at me before launching himself up from the bed and walking stark naked to the closet.