𝐃𝐎𝐑𝐂𝐄 𝟎𝟎𝟑 || ᴡᴇ ᴏғᴛᴇɴ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇxᴄᴇᴘᴛɪᴏɴᴀʟ...

━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ⚠︎ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    ⃞                                          𝐂𝐎𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄  
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

In our yearning, we often dream of the exceptional...

Yet reality extends to us only what is within our reach, even if it falls short of our hopes.

Moondae settled into his assigned seat, a sense of contentment radiating from him. His performance had been good, earning him the 17th rank. Just as he took his place, a voice from the 15th rank caught his attention. Turning towards the source, Moondae saw a young man who appeared to be around his own age, exuding a gentle and welcoming demeanor. "Hello~" the young man greeted him with a friendly smile.

As Moondae exchanged greetings with a composed demeanor, the young man's smile widened. "You're incredibly talented at singing!" he praised Moondae with genuine admiration. Moondae met his gaze with a neutral expression before reciprocating the compliment, saying, "Thank you. I believe you also delivered an outstanding performance."

"Yes? Hahaha!" The young man laughed jovially, though Moondae had missed the opportunity to watch his performance. However, judging by his impressive 15th rank, he undoubtedly possessed talent. Pointing to his name tag on his chest, the young man introduced himself, "My name is Lee Sejin!"

Moondae suppressed a sigh, replying with a bold expression, "My name is Park Moondae. Please take good care of me." Sejin responded with a grin, echoing, "Please take good care of me~" Suddenly remembering, Sejin added, "You... Dance... Good... Too..." A hint of laughter danced in his eyes as Moondae stared at him impassively. 'Yeah, just keep laughing at me, you punk,' Moondae thought to himself.

As memories of the earlier events flooded Moondae's mind, he couldn't blame Sejin for his comment. He vividly recalled the moment he had to showcase his dancing skills after focusing solely on his exceptional singing during the performance. A cringe crept over him as he remembered striking the iconic pose with all he could muster.

With an attempt at grace, he lifted one leg delicately, raised both arms, and formed a heart with his fingers. "... Cue the music," he murmured with a solemn expression, visible only to one observer (Cale).

❝​Oh, how delightful it is to feel connected to you, my dear❞

❝​My heart dances with joy, creating a symphony of emotions akin to popcorn popping away❞

❝​This overflowing sensation within me is truly a delight!❞

As Moondae began his dancing, the audience couldn't contain their laughter. One of the judges even spat out their drink in surprise. Among them, Youngrin, who had requested the dance, gave a respectful nod at the simple footwork. It appeared she and the judge with crimson hair were the only ones maintaining a professional demeanor in the room.

❝​POP! POP!❞

❝​The rhythmic beats resonate, echoing through my being~❞

Before long, a familiar segment of the song, one that could be danced to by most kids his age, began to play. Moondae continued to dance to the easy beat of the tune known as the "forbidden song" for the CSAT. This song had been the primary cause of distraction during the students' listening days.