A faithful God's messenger

Verse: Luke 1:3

"With this in mind, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I too decided to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus,"

<>Luke is not part of Twelves Disciples or He is not even part of the Apostleship "verse 2: "ang kanilang mga isinusulat ay ayon sa itinuro sa amin ng mga taong buhat pa sa simula ay mga saksi at mga taga pangaral ng salita ng Diyos."

<>Wala tayong mababasa na sinabi ni Luke na siya ay apostle

*Sino ba si Luke? For the bible said "He was a doctor and friend of the Apostle Paul"... sa madaling salita, Siya ay katulad natin. hindi siya witness sa buhay at pagkabuhay ng ating Panginoon.

*Katangian ng Isand Doctor ay ang magsiyasat sa bagay na kanyang nais patunay.

<> There is no accurate record who is this Theophilus. "theophilus means the friend of God".

*They don't know if Theophilus is a person or Some figure's speech.

*But Majority believes: Theophilus is a person <according to John light foot Commentary: Josephus <Jews Historian> had mentioned the name Theophilus as "the father of Mathias"

*But what we know "Luke had carefully investigated everything" para lang sa isang tao.

*Binigay nya yung boung panahon sa pagsisiyasat ng salita ng Diyos para lamang maipahayag nya sa tao ang mga totoong nangyari. Means >para ipahayag ang totoong mensahe ng SALITA NG DIYOS.

<>The bible is not written to us but written also for us. "Ang bible ay hindi isinulat sa atin, kundi para din sa atin." >means may original audience ang bible, ito ay may original message din.

*and it is our part to study the original message of the Bible. Dahil kung ano ang mga ngyari in the past, kung ano ang mga kailangan ng mga orihinal na audience. Are the same things happens to us, and the same needs of the people.

*and God used the bible to fill the needs of every generation.

<>Because Jesus is the same forever (Heb. 13:8)

>Romans 10:15 ".... as it is written: 'How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

*napaka ganda sa paningin ng Diyos ang mga taong may dala ng mabuting balita. But the problem... if we are not faithful to teach His words... are we still beautiful in God's eyes?

*Absolutely, NOT <you remember the friends of Job>

42:7 After the Lord had said these things to Job, he said to Eliphaz the Temanite, 'I am angry with you and your two friends, because you have not spoken the truth about me, as my servant Job has.

*God used them to bring the message of God for Job, but they were not telling the truth.

>What we are looking forward ay, ngumiti man lamang ang Diyos sa tungkulin natin bilang mga pinagkatiwalaan ng salita nya.

>verse 3 ""With this in mind" <δοκέω (dokeō) > You want to do something with your mind and heart.... *Nasa puso talaga ni Luke na isulat yung salita ng Diyos with all of his best and effort. Para lang kay Theophilus.

*some of us here, nasa 50 to 100 ang pinagpapasturan. Are we giving our best, our effort, our excellent para ihatid ang katotohanan sa mga tao?

<>Lastly, para tayo magkaroon ng joyfulness and courageous, para maging tapat na lingkod sa Salita ng Diyos.

*kailangan natin magkaroon ng mataas na respect and highly view in the bible.

<>Christ viewed the Bible so highly.

*Mataas ang tingin o respeto ng Panginoon sa scripture.

>He believes about the Inspiration of the whole scripture (Mt. 5: 17 – 18) "Do not think that I have come to abolish.." "The law and the prophets" A phrase designating the entire OT

>He believes about the Inspiration of the parts scripture (Mt. 4:4) "It is written"

>He believes about the Inspiration of the words (Matthew 12: 18 – 27) *Jesus defending the resurrection against the Sadducees. "I am the God of Abraham" <Significant because the Sadducees held only to OT> means God is the living God.

>He believes about the Inspiration of the Letters (Mt. 5:18) "Smallest Letter" <Heb. Letter "yod"

>He believes about the Inspiration of the NT (Jn 14:26) "The Holy Spirit...will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you." *Jesus wants the accurate records of the New Testament writings.

Conclusion:

<>God wants for us to have this kind of Mind and Heart.

*and we are blessed dahil may mga bible school na tinatayo ang Diyos para tulungan tayong maging tapat na messenger ng Diyos.

... GOD WANTS US TO WORSHIP IN SPIRIT AND TRUTH. WE MUST BE A FAITHFUL MESSAGER OF GOD.

2 timothy 2:15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.