Chapter 1

-heard of the rumor that's going around town [Name]?

She said looking at me while talking another sip of her coffee

-no? What's going on this time. Another dickhead got killed by a doppelganger or smt?

She rolls her eyes

-No, and stop saying that people die everyday because of those assholes and I'm not talking about the neighborhood. Anyways a doppelganger is running around town. Pretending to be the one they killed. They say it's one from the apartment you're working in as a doorman.

You spat on your coffee and look at her

-oh that must be a fucking joke right? And I'm not even working in it already! Crap I already told the D.D.D guy that I was gonna start next week... I'm fucked.

You take another sip of your coffee who had gotten cold with all the talking. You look by the window. Rain, you loved rain when you were Little just playing around in it without a matter in the world but now I guess you just found it boring and annoying.

-Listen [Name] the D.D.D will prob found them in a fews it's their job. And they are fully aware of the situation.

You look at her and frown your eyebrows

-Yeah I ain't trusting any of their D.D.Dick shit, I do NOT want to end up being eaten while I go piss at my break. The only worker of this D.D.D thingy I "trust" is your big brother who is also my boss... I mean it's not like I had a choice either.

-[Name]! Chill out god sake. Anyways I have to go you'll be ok to get back home in that rain?

You get up so does she before leaving cash on the counter and going back to her nodding

-Yeah dw

You walk out the coffee shop and suddenly get it in the face with the wind and the rain. Maybe you should have accept her offer.

~A week later~

-okay and the last.. this is the button if you ever come to suspect that the "person" is a doppelganger so... that's basically it. Be kind to them please I don't want you to be fired on the first day. My reputation will be done after that...

You look up at him

-yeah, yeah whatever. Now shoo I'm trying to do my job.

You show him your middle finger and look at the today's list waiting for any neighbors to come in. Then suddenly a warning sign catches your eyes

"Warning! Doppelganger on the lose! Information we know:
Takr appearance of a man
Tall
Can show strange attitude."

-Ugh great.

You sigh and let your head fall on your desk. But got interrupted by a voice. A male one

-Mmm...Hello?

He said as you look up to face to a man with tired eyes looking directly into your eyes. You look up and read on his hat Milkman.

-Holy cow...that man is fine.

HI GUYS SO TELL ME WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS NEW BOOK I STARTED HEHEHE HERE IS THE FANART I FOUND ON TWITTER (Or the X thingy) WHO I USED AS THE BOOK COVER:

By:@Kri_stasss on twitter