Why do you want to be a drag Queen

The weekend came around quickly and Charlie met up with James and Elle in town and they went with him to the Drag shop. Charlie looked at the address on the card and said 'Yep this is it are you coming in with me' James smiled as he took his hoodie off and said 'Normally I would go in with you but I promised my mum I wouldn't buy any more dresses until after the prom. Plus sometimes you have to go through certain doors yourself'.

Elle gave Charlie a hug and said 'Good luck Charlie, we'll meet you at the park in a bit', Charlie took a deep breath before pushing the door open and walking into the shop he gasped at all the amazing dresses. From the back room a man spoke 'Come in don't just linger in the doorway. How can I help you'. Charlie walked around looking at all the dresses on the racks as he said 'I'm looking for a dress to wear to my Prom but there's also something else I want this dress for', Hugo walked over to Charlie smiling at him as he said 'Well before we get into this other reason what's your name lad, I'm Hugo'. 

Charlie smiled back and said 'Nice to meet you Hugo, my names Charlie' Hugo smiled back at Charlie and then said 'So tell me Charlie what is the other reason you want this dress'. Charlie pulled a long gold glitter dress with a slit up the side off the rack and held it up to his body as he said 'I want to be a drag queen, I want to be on stage'. Hugo sat on the window seat near where Charlie was stood and said 'How old are you Charlie' Charlie put the gold dress back and pulled out a dark purple one as he said 'I've just turned 18, I know you probably think it's still very young but I really want to do this'. 

Hugo nodded and smiled at Charlie's bravery and confidence as he said 'Tell me Charlie why do you want to be on stage' Charlie said 'I've wanted to be a drag queen for so long, it's all I think about and when I close my eyes at night it's all I can see'. 

Hugo let Charlie look around towards the back of the shop where the drag queen posters were and said 'Does your Drag Queen have a name yet Charlie', Charlie turned around and said 'I have thought about it but honestly the names don't grab me, I'd love to have a name as powerful as hers though'. Hugo looked at the poster that Charlie was pointing to smiling as he said 'She was very powerful I think I've still got it'. 

Charlie gasped and said 'No way you were the Warrior Queen in the blood red dress'