Chapter 1

Azur Lane World

May 16, 1946 [14:24]

[Weather] [Sunny day]

[Shinano's Perspective]

(ARP)Shinano: (sipping tea) Ahhh, this tea is so delightful.

(ARP)Little Shinano: (delightedly) Yes, it's delicious!

(ARP)Ashigara: Lady Shinano, where did you acquire this tea?

(ARP)Shinano: I obtained it from the British Navy.

(ARP)Ashigara: I see.

(ARP)Haguro: So, why are we here in this world again?

(ARP)Shinano: My elder sister, Yamato, has instructed me to locate the missing Fubuki-class destroyers and find a way to return to our world.

(ARP)Haguro: I understand. Do you believe we can locate these missing destroyers here?

(ARP)Shinano: Yes, I do. Furthermore, my elder sister has requested that we also find the Kagerou-class destroyer and you, I-122. Thank you for your assistance in locating the missing Fubuki-class destroyers.

(AL)Kagerou: It's our pleasure.

(AL)I-122: Yes, we're here to help.

---------------------

[Arpeggio of Blue Steel: World 2042]

Shinano's POV

Pacific Ocean

(ARP)Shinano: "Dammit! What's going on here?" I exclaimed, frustration evident in my voice.

As I navigated through the raging storm, my state-of-the-art navigation system suddenly malfunctioned. For hours, I had been tirelessly attempting to restore its functionality, but to no avail.

The screen stubbornly displayed the distorted words: "Error."

Gazing out at the turbulent ocean, a sense of unease crept over me. The familiar landmarks seemed out of place, as if something was amiss. I was faced with a difficult choice: remain anchored here, hoping for my navigation system to recover, or sail blindly into the unknown depths.

Each path held its own perils and uncertainties. Waiting meant potentially becoming a sitting duck for any lurking enemies, while venturing forth without reliable navigation could lead to disastrous consequences. I couldn't shake the feeling that I had stumbled into a treacherous trap.

[Flashback Shinano Pov]

In the depths of the Pacific Ocean, Shinano's anger erupted towards her elder sister's request on the screen.

(ARP)Shinano: "What do you mean, patrol a strange storm?" Shinano exclaimed.

(ARP)Yamato: "It's reported to have engulfed several destroyers," Yamato replied calmly. "Your fleet is the closest."

(ARP)Shinano: "Why me?" Shinano protested. "I'm a warship, not a weather observer!"

(ARP)Yamato: "You're my trusted ally," Yamato said. "Observe the storm, mark its location, and report back."

(ARP)Shinano: "Fine," she sighed. "But don't expect me to enjoy it."

(ARP)Yamato: "Don't worry, you'll get your chance to fire your weapons soon enough," Yamato said with a hint of amusement.

Shinano shut down the video transmission and gazed skyward. Ashigara's face abruptly materialized on the monitor.

(ARP)Ashigara: "Lady Shinano, what's amiss?" Ashigara inquired.