Demons at the Door

Once the dust and blood from their encounter with the Briarwoods had settled atop the stone pavement, Vox Machina were escorted at blade point by the Sovereigns men toward the Councils Chamber. Yet unlike before instead of being greeted as heroes of the Realm, Uriel stood at the forefront of Tal'dorei's Noble collective, fury splashed across his face as his flaring eyes bore down upon the battle weary adventures stood on the floor below. Each of the party's members were covered head to toe in scratches and dirt, their immaculate formal wear scorched and torn to pieces.

Keyleth still supported Vax as best she could, even though Pike had all but healed his wounds the Half-Elf still had little if any strength to carry his own meagre weight. Meanwhile, the thin slices dotted across Grog's exposed torso still wept with blood, though the Goliath dismissed the dozens of lacerations as nothing more than a minor inconvenience as he stood unaffected. The frenzied Oldegårdian on the other hand stood beside Vex, one arm braced around her exposed shoulders while his hand was pressed against the seeping wound bore into his side.

With gritted teeth and batted breath, Ragnvaldr's burning gaze met the Sovereigns as he addressed The Protectors of The Realm. "You've ruined our banquet, assaulted political allies, and risked the security of the realm!" Uriel screeched manically pacing to and frow rapidly on top of the platform above, both hands clenched firmly behind his back. "Throw them in irons!" he order viciously whirling around toward his misguided guards whom converged to uphold the strenuous if not lethal order.

A chorus of gasps erupted from the party as The Sovereigns entourage raised their spears and trudged toward them, crushing Vox Machina side to side as if they were a herd of sheep destined for slaughter. "You heard him. Come with me." the assailant closest Grog commanded only to reel back as the towering male gripped both fists closed and unleashed a thundering growl from underneath his bared teeth. Even Ragnvaldr, with what little strength hadn't been sapped from the well placed stab wound pushed himself upright, still within Vex's grasp and levelled the tip of ones blade squarely between his eyes.

"Keep that weapon raised, and you'll be dead before you hit the the floor. Understand?" he gnarled venomously, his soul crushing emerald eyes sinking their gaze deeply into the shorter Palace Guards, who's hands shook fearfully now coming face to face with the taller Oldegårdian. "Scared? Good... It brings me comfort knowing Tal'dorei's best are nothing but snivelling cowards." He snarled steeling a glace upward toward the outraged monarch himself, the veneer mask of decorum falling completely as his fellow Protectors watched on in abject shock unnerved by the ever rising tension.

Stood silently behind the party and away from the treasonous commotion was Percy, whom did nothing but avert his eyes to the floor rubbing the tips of his gloved, black powder covered fingertips across the shooting pain dancing along his jaw. "Come. We did nothing wrong." Vex insisted trying her best to quell an already strenuous situation, but to little success as Uriel remained steadfast in his defiance.

Thankfully, much to Vox Machina's relief Lady Allura cut in on their behalf, whether out of pity or an uneasy respect they did not know. "Sovereign, it's been a very long evening. I will see that they are properly punished." she proclaimed as the stone faced man turned to face his most level headed confidant, his blanketed eyes remaining locked on her for a few brief but unsettling moments.

"See that you do." he scoffed quietly sulking back from the platform's edge and vanishing from view into the bowels of the Palace once more.

As he did each of the loyal hounds lowered their spears to their sides and took a single step back, the young recruit faced with the task of restraining Ragnvaldr did the same as well, though tried little to hide his terror much to the human's satisfaction, his estimation of Emon's best soldiers being proven correct. "Allura, something is very wrong with Uriel. He's under the Briarwoods' influence, I can feel it." Vex spoke up on behalf of the party, taking a single step forth, both hands clenched tightly at her sides while Ragnvaldr loosened his already weakened grip on his axe.