Xernos

Xernium
The planet Xernos, land of the Norsans, known as the most civilized, most technologically advanced in the galaxy it was recognized by its neighbors like planet Renian and Glactius, and even equally superior planets like Hugan. The discovery of Xerniam, a metal composed when plutonium was ionized by rays from the red sun, indestructible, with melting points close to the sun, this underground mineral was part of the earth’s core and their predecessors used this mineral to the very best. All structures were encrusted to this metal, the pillars to the walls were of this very metal, so civilization came earlier than the discovery of fire. Fusing Xerniam with their clothing via the Sun mechanism, involved Xerniam being smelted by a hot burning furnace for two moons after which it was industrialized and filtered, they covered their body and thus protected against harmful rays. However, some rays inevitably affected them thus their body changed, unlike before their pupils turned green and their skin became much pale though the paleness differed from tribe to tribe. Ruled by an emperor, a family called the Wernos, after the demise of an emperor the planet would mourn their beloved for three moons after which on the fourth the next of kin would take over and rule as wise as his previous leader did. This organized passing of power covered all of the regions tasked, so no region felt undermined neither over loved equality, and the organized law court system made of seven judges each the wisest from each region and the emperor presided over cases and justice was rightfully served. Peace was inevitable and for the infinite years after each Norsan died and another died they were foreign to war and chaos. But forever is just a long time, very long time… and long times don’t last.
Envious of their neighbor, the residents of the planet Hugan grew greedy to extract Xerniam for themselves, over the decades and centuries, the two powerful neighbors merged in a business alliance, Hugan to bring its abundant Sulphur and Xernos its Xerniam. Sulphur was a suitable coolant for the Sun mechanism and maintained the steady high temperatures while Xernium made the planet firmer since it was far from the sun its gravity was less strong than of Xernos. The king on this planet was less lovable than the Wernos, opting to invoke fear, the hierarchical transition of power was through a traditional fight, a ceremonial fight. The planet’s weak gravitational pull managed to hold the crust in three partitions each separated with a fleet sized ocean gap between. Xernium was used also to link these three thanks to its indestructibility and durability, so from the three regions they would take ten from each region. Afterwards the ten from each will duel each other in various fits of strength, might and mental tests, each victor would advance till there was only one from each region. These three would then be placed on an arena with death like inventions that lied between them and a white flag piked on a long pole. The race would emerge where each would manage doing whatever was reliable including, throwing your opponent in a pit of spike or tripping him into a stand made of circling chainsaws, to win, and eventually the take the flag as the victor. Done with the test proving himself worthy he would be trained on the ways of a king guided by the current king in power and his council to be the next ruler. At that time king Naxes, of the tribe Goloian, was king and he grew tired of the constant over dependance on the Norsans for Xerniam. Barbarism was part of their evolution and dominance, so within a year after crowned as king he sought to capture the planet. His generals and scientists worked on military tactical methods and technological advancements to outgrow their neighbor and eventually discovered a new mineral which sealed their victory. By isolating the red sun’s rays, the gamma radiations would break down the Sulphur and liquify the Xenium eventually this would be cooed to form a mineral they named Naxium a tribute to the king. With electromagnetic devices attached and some electrical wires sown within, this metal could shoot megajoules of ball like electricity bolts without overheating or blowing itself. The Sulphur cooled the heating effect while the Xernium held the immense charge, on a scale it surpassed the maximum and thus at that moment, that discovery millennia, Xernium was no longer as dominant as before.

“In 5 moons we shall attack, you have till then to submit and fall under our rule, consider your planet as part of Hugan, if you do so you will be spared if not the entire Norsan race will be exterminated.”, The seal of the king of Hugan a mini bear like paw ended the message, “The seal of the king, my emperor what shall we do?”, the servant asked. the throne room suddenly turned into a haul of whispers, panicked cries, chaotic than madmen in a shrine, the emperor at this era was descendant of Emperor Grasion Wernos first of his name the current in power Demiscus Wernos the Third child to Demiscus Wernos the second and grandchild to Emperor Hufey Wernos the First, in the throne room he sought to ease the chaos infected in the room and to pluck the weds of panick.
“Go home we shall discuss with the king Naxes and come to an agreement.”, he calmed his council, the elders however were familiar to these terms, the negotiating vocabulary and what “agreement”, truly was. “We do not bow to no king.”, the elder Gregory remarked his elderly hoarse voice, at a prime age of 70 he had seen most moons than all in the room, “We do not bow.”, the emperor answered affirmatively.
“We have been prosperous over other worlds as one, never did we bow, and never will we will.” Demiscus ordered warriorlike, “Xernos has been through the ages the best, and Naxes will not lower our name by his mere words.”, another elder Sir Fernos, a learned council member acknowledged for hi skill in predicting the future through the stars, his knowledge of the patterns of the sky beings was more priceless than the kingdom’s worth combined, “And I said we will not bow.”, Demiscus answered harshness in his tone rebuking the fellow for reprimanding his command, “Xernos…” the head general Weyuin chanted, “Xernos! Xernos! Xernos!” his subordinates joined the chant, the war cry grew, bass voices shook the walls, the echoes made tables tremble, their gigantic feet quaked the earth, “Stomp! Stomp!” each shook a crust from its place, “Xernos! Xernos!”, the emperor himself joined the warrior chant, Xernos was prosperous, Xernos is the greatest, these words of pride, these rhythms filled Norsans with pride knowing their blood was valuable than gold and clear than crystal, the emperor was destined to do everything in his power to make sure Xernos remained in its place. 

"Go back to your families we shall discuss this on the first moon.” He clarified the council after the chant turned them from cowards to warriors, from trembling children to grown men battling wolves to protect their herds, “General a minute.” he addressed Weyuin, “Yes my emperor.” He answered holding back his journey to have a word with his emperor. “You are the most entrusted men I believe know the output of war more than anyone…” he paused resting his left hand on Weyuin’s left shoulder, tucking him closer he lowered his voice suddenly, “Meet me tomorrow at the Cavens at exactly the struck of noon, dove hour.” He whispered into his left ear his spice scented robe creeped into Weyuin’s nose, “Ach…”, he held back his sneeze pulling himself from the emperor to, “Yes my emperor.” He replied, bowing soldierly he left the room his brown collared shirt was scented with the king’s scent, “Mphhhh…” he breathed in his armpit gladdened it also was absorbed. “Squeak!” the throne room doors creaked opened as Weyuin took his leave, “Excuse me general.” a young man, blue collared the engravement on his collar represented him as of the third region, his courtesy however was well unlike the rest known for their uncivilized courtesy. Giving the man his space, Weyuin let the man pass, closing the door he reached for his pocket and picking two coppers, “Two oranges.”, he addressed the woman in charge of the food stand at the side of the emperor’s throne room, “Yes my general.” She replied humbly stopping her current duty of washing her toddler child midway, she rubbed her hands on her rag and carefully she took some couple of oranges, pressing them well she chose two and wrapping on a silk cloth she gave the general. “Thank you my general.”, she said receiving the amount in exchange of her goods, though twice the amount Weyuin was from the first region known for their generosity and willingness to give even when unnecessary.

“You called for me my emperor.” The young boy addressed the Demiscus, after a quick search through the soldiers he walked some feet ahead and there was the emperor with Derias, a famous artist known for his famous paintings, he paused their conversation to address the young man. “Yes, I hope you have what I requested.” He asked facing the young boy, “Yes my emperor.” He confessed. Reaching for his animal skinned purse, he searched for it, “A minute your grace.” He pleaded, removing the shoulder strip he poured all the contents to the floor, scissors, sharpened bones, blue embers, some shining stones, there he took the wrapped gift. “Here my emperor.” He said handing the animal covered gift to his servants who handed it over to the emperor. Unveiling the wrap, he pulled out the shining heart shaped gem, a combination of Xernium, red jew embers, and blue eye stones, the gift was characterized by its blood red like color, its shining crystal structure, and its toughness, smiling after perusing the gift he tucked the gift on his lap and turned to the young man.

“You have done well, as promised…” he paused flickering his fingers, a servant emerged from the left entrance with a hand sized like bag with a string tie on the top filled with, “… fifty gold pieces.” He finished the servant handing the prize to the young man whose ears tingled by the jingles of the coins. “Thank you, my emperor.” He thanked, gathering his poured gadgets he collected them and stashed them in his bag, his prize firmly held on his left, he bowed beyond the emperor’s presence, flickering his finger the young boy was allowed to leave.
“Keep this in my chambers.” He ordered handing the jewel to one of his servants, rising up he turned back to his initial guest to continue their conversation. “As I was saying, Derias I want you to give me your best work yet.” He addressed the artist, Derias was still processing the earlier emperor’s request, “Draw my wife, the first lady of this planet, the female voice of all three regions…” he paused, “…I will award you more gold than you have ever been given, a thousand gold pieces.” He finished. This proposal stopped everything in the room for a minute, “I could buy a whole region.” One thought, “I could buy every gift this land has.” Another whispered.
This request was irresistible to every guard, servant, cook and every Norsan who was within ear’s reach of this proposal including the artist. “Okay my emperor, give me one moon an di will deliver.” The artist responded giving in to the irresistible reward in hand, “All the time as long as its before my wife’s birth ceremony.” He agreed coming to an agreement with the artist. Satisfied the emperor took his leave while the artist took his own, he was eager to start the work not because of the prize but because he was admired by the first lady and always wished to draw her as his greatest work, and also for the money.

“My lady this silk is better than Garian silk. This is from Maxial the planet of Kith." The first servant commented, “But she admires bluer than red.”, the other answered back, within her chambers all whatever a woman could grace for was within these walls. “Cut it you two both are great.” The lady herself interrupted chuckling impressed funnily by her servants arguing over her garments. “But she has to be perfect.” The first servant responded to the other’s allegations over her choice of color than silk, “And she said both are good.”, the second answered, the argument kept on going and the lady gazed upon her gift by her emperor meanwhile the two servants arguing made her laugh and the backlash was like live poetry.

“Leave the room.” She ordered her servants, after the triple knock on the door she was aware of the man behind it and immediately she prepared herself, combing her hair well, her cheeks being plumped well, her enticing body in the best garments around, the gold heart shaped necklace on her to expose her God-like shoulders.
“Come in.” she answered to the knock five minutes later, “Squeeek!”, the door creaked open, “Took you long enough.” The emperor jokingly commented closing the door behind him.
“Its two moons away, right?” he asked, his hands wrapped around her waist, her hair pulled back to the left, his head on the right staring on the majestic scenery of his wife, “Yes.” She answered with slight moans in her voice enticed by the touches. Letting the actions do the talking, they were fond of not talking about their missing each other moments but show them, like at this point, the emperor with everything under his rule was shy of confessing he had missed his wife, the words, “I missed you.” Were impossible to say than confessing to another king in power, instead he preferred caressing his wife till… well till they were how they were born, naked, tired and happy.

“I need to speak to the emperor.” The messenger requested, “Sorry the king is in his chambers with the lady.” The guard responded denying the messenger’s request. “This message is important.” He insisted but still the guard denied and to make it clearer he held his weapon firmly and closer to warn him. “Emperor! My emperor!” he shouted, the guard in anger of the shrieks of the lad opted to smack him into swallowing the message for himself, “Squeek!”, “What is it?” the emperor asked half naked, his disappointment evident from the unwanted interruption and the shrieks he could hardly ignore.
“I have a message.” He said, reaching for his camel skinned purse he pulled out an arm’s length scroll and handed it over, “It’s from King Naxes.” The messenger exclaimed.