Chapter 2: Why He Disappeared

I stand up and look around the room. Luca is handcuffed to a table and the surroundings are in the police station. There are no officers nearby to help at the moment so I am going to have to figure this out myself. This is more difficult than I originally thought. There's nothing unusual about the room. I wonder if whatever I'm looking for is obvious or something hidden. Also how did he capture Connor and manage to have him near the police station. How he did this whole scheme without alerting the other officers is also a mystery. I start to walk around and open cabinets with the insides of them being filled with normal items like paperwork and such.

I take a quick glance at Luca and he's just staring, not doing. He can't be messing with me on this since he isn't really trying anything at the moment. I walk around the room again. Retracing my steps right now is one of the best things to do right now. Maybe Connor is in another room but there's no other officers to watch him, he might try something. Why would he do that though? If he did want me to leave the room for him to escape what would be the point of all this? Is he even telling the truth? Who knows, I guess the outcome will happen soon.

I pause to think for a moment. I've looked around this room a few times already. I'm sure that I haven't missed anything. There aren't any hidden doors or passages that I'm aware of. Everything is normal here. I take a quick glance at Luca once more. He still isn't doing anything. He's just sitting, handcuffed to the table. He seems oblivious that he kidnapped my son and Luca's in custody. I sigh and take one last glance at the room. I have to be missing something, even if it's a small detail. I start walking around again looking for a small detail that I may have missed. I start to inspect every single surface, drawer and cupboard in the entire room.

It seems empty of something that can help me out. He's not doing anything. It's just completely strange. The feeling of desperation is starting to take over. I cannot give up though. I pause for a bit. I've searched what it feels like everywhere in this room. Everything is the exact same and every single detail about the room is as ordinary as it gets. I have to be missing something. Then, by some miracle, something catches my eye. I turn my attention to a cabinet that I have seen many times before now. I look at the bottom. It's sticking out more than the rest of the drawers. I walk over and slowly bend over and open the drawer by the handle.

It reveals a compartment that holds what I was looking for. My son. Connor is inside of the compartment. He's kind of slumping a little bit. It's obvious he looks scared. The compartment is that small so he's not that squished inside. His hands are tied behind his back. I get him out and then untie him. "Are you okay?," I ask him. "Yeah. I'm fine," he responds to me. I look over at Luca. "I'm glad you're good. I was worried," I told Connor. I look at Luca. "I found him. I don't really need you anymore. I already found him," I told Luca who was still inside of the room.

"Okay I'll have Luca locked up. Then we can go home alright Connor," I look over at Connor and he nods. I walk over to Luca and put him in a cell. I take Connor and walk out of the police station. It's strange why he did what he did. At least there's no major repercussions from the whole ordeal. Everything turned out alright in the end. The officer was able to find his son in a hidden compartment inside the cabinet. The culprit has been caught and arrested and the officer has been reunited with his son. This story shows that even in a difficult and stressful situation, patience and determination can lead to success. Even when everything seems hopeless, it's important to keep searching until you find the answer you are looking for.

End Of Chapter 2
__________________
Author's Note: Thank you for reading the whole story! I appreciate the few reads this has gotten! Also pleaseee check out my other story The Eclipsed Sun. I'll start posting chapters for that story starting next week. Thanks for everything and that's the end of my short story Cop Car!