Chapter 2: Transfer Student

The pain continued as both of them looked at me tensed for Markus truly cares about me. The girl I could recognize and even when I am in great pain, I presume that this girl is connected to my memories and maybe this is why my head hurts due to memories resurfacing.

The mysterious girl looks between us two friend and then comes closer to me, before putting her left palm on my back, rubbing it in circles and surprisingly this is working quite well as the pain slowly recedes back and my dizziness vanishes.

I lean on Markus who provides me the adequate support as I slowly inhale and exhale through my nostrils feeling the moment pass but still no improvement as I didn't regain any memories as the recap's passed like light, barely able to glimpse at the particles.

I turn towards the mysterious girl once again who I think knows me and so I ask pleading to her, "Miss, who are you and how do you know me?".

Markus looked confused at my question to the girl, like I said he is not the brightest tool in the shed, instead he is good for physical work not for brain works.  The girl stayed silent for a while before she looked at me with warmth replacing her once stoic gaze.

"I am Jessica, and I am the new transfer student, you two were discussing about" She answered, and Markus seemed happy probably because of another new girl entering the school plus she is quite attractive, but I didn't care about that, I needed answers to my second question.

So, I ask again but she walks towards our academy ignoring my question deliberately. I am pissed and curious as I groan in frustration while Markus pats me on the head like a dad even though he didn't understand the reason for my urgency or maybe he did?

Truth be told I am not a mind reader, so I don't know.

🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

Jessica

After all these years, this is how we meet once again Nathan?

When I bumped into him, I couldn't recognize him since he was all grown up but when he clutched his head in pain and his friend spoke his name, all memories resurfaced as I remembered about the accident.

We were torn apart by that incident, but now I have met you once again. 

If I tell you about our relationship, then it will stay as a memory nothing else with no feelings resurfacing inside your heart but if I make you fall in love once again, the memory regain would be worth it.

I will do whatever it takes to get you back in my life and if it means not telling you about the memories so that once again real love forms between us, so be it.

🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

Nathan

"Bro, are you ok?" Markus asked me concerned about my wellbeing, but I just ignore him for a moment letting my anger at the sudden avoidance disappear, as I say heinous slangs to the drama queen inside my heart.

"Calm down Nathan, you are better than this" I mumble to myself and since Markus heard my words he nodded and then a smile once again resurfaces on my face as I stare at his dumb yet funny face.

"You know, you can be a stand-up comedian instead of a footballer"

"I don't know if that's a compliment or insult, but I appreciate it."

I chuckle before checking the time as my eyes widen since I didn't realize while I was talking, that three minutes are remaining before the school gates close. 

"FUCK WE ARE GOING TO BE LATE" I yell, and Markus appears scared probably fearing his coach's scolding. So, we run and pretty soon reach the gate with only 1 minute left on our hand. The guards who already knew us just sighed at our arrival.

"Today's generation don't know the meaning of punctuality" One of the older guards complained to their friend as they looked at us with disappointment and even though normally, I remain calm and composed, but today due to the turbulency I slightly became angry.

 "And your generation didn't know how to respect the boundaries of female gender. That's why your wives regularly cheated on your or gossiped about you all" The retort came out far harsher than I aimed it to be but once again anger remains my bane,

The guards looked shocked at my insult along with Markus, and I groan in my mind since my plans to stay reserved just when through the roof. Fuck once again.

They remain frozen probably wondering whether to yell or just attack me, so using that moment as my pillar of escape, I grab the wrist of Markus and run to our class, sighing with relief once I saw time is still present before the teacher enters.

I quickly take my seat and beside me sat Markus who is still looking shocked trying to make sense of his best friend's new behavior. Even I am shocked at the level of my insult, when I prefer to stay aloof.

"Good morning, students!"

Our class teacher bellowed out with his low tone, coming through the door disheveled and lifeless like usual. With dull brown eyes and brown hair that keeps falling, he is a man just done with life and waits for his inevitable death.

There was a theory once about how I was the love child of Mr. Bruno, but he buried them all with just his deadly glare, he is a demon in his anger mode which none of us wanted to face, since we all admit that he is quite cool and doesn't scold us that much probably because of laziness.

I feel bad for him sometimes, as I know the reason since we are kind of close. This friendship of ours started when I took him to his home during one of his anxiety attacks on the streets. None wanted to help, as they all thought he was a psycho.

Though I was the one to extend a helping hand, and when I took him to his home, being beside him during his breakdowns as he was too drunk, I learnt that the depression came with his wife's death during pregnancy and his baby was still born.

From there on, I visited him every day and I could guess that he saw his baby boy in me if he had survived. Since he didn't know how to cook, I always cook his lunch and even today I brought it which I will give during lunch break.

"Good morning, sir"

We all exclaim in a chorus like manner, simply he nods before he moved his head to the side as he gestured someone outside the door to enter and Jessica came in my view once again, as the dull pain returned once again but I managed through.

Some of the boys literally exclaimed in joy while others silently withdraw their eyes from her glancing at the floor underneath, even the girls looked like they loved her presence. In an instant, she has won the hearts of all except for me who is still wondering about her.

Even though I did say that my memories were no longer a concern for me to my therapist, I for the first time felt the need to get it back once the pain returned when I saw her again. 

"Introduce yourself"

Sir told us, gesturing the class to quiet down with his glare and all of them obliged, before Jessica smiled brightly looking like an angel which even I admit made my heartbeat slightly faster simply due to her presence and looks.

Done

Still need help to better my romance writing so please criticize me,

Also, if you have any ideas about this novel, share please.

Bye!