nine.

 - and I don't wanna be modern art

 but I only got half a heart to give to you -

" - what if- what if I can't do this?

what if this, whatever it is, wasn't meant to be - "

ᶻ 𝗓 𐰁

THE ORANGE walls of the Mclaren hospitality were almost blinding to the American singer, alas she had no choice but to sit and withhold her groans. 

Pippa had found herself sitting at an empty table in the hospitality as she waited for the action to begin - and it allowed her to contemplate actually booking any flights home early. She had arrived early to the track having not been sure what the traffic was like in the Australian city.

Now she had to deal with awkwardly sitting around while she waited for the man of the hour to arrive. Surprisingly, given how it was in the day, the paddock was already bustling with people. Some of them recognized her and asked for photos which she happily obliged, others barely cast her a glance before continuing on with their day.

It was refreshing being able to people-watch without being constantly distracted by fans - not in a bad way of course. She liked to admire the people who walked by the hospitality with their million-dollar suits and their designer accessories. She paid attention to the finer details, like the women who all but glared at her as she walked past. Not a hair on her head was out of place but her makeup was horrific. 

Proves that you can't have everything even if you're rich.

She watched as engineers walked in and out of each garage to their respective hospitality right across the pathway. Everyone was in a rush all the time, not one took their time to truly admire what they were walking around.

Yet, she hated that she couldn't take the time to admire her surroundings as much as she would've wanted to. Her mind was still stuck.

Her eyes fluttered down to her phone, staring at the screen displaying the American Airlines web page. Her fingers itched to press the purchase button at the bottom of the screen, yet, her mind battled against her. Did she truly want to leave?