Chapter 01 - The Only Decent Thing Is Money

When Kim Rok Soo woke up, he felt light. His surroundings were dark and the only source of light was a dimming lamp just outside the window.

As he rose, he sees his reflection against a broken mirror, the image he see is flickering and blurry.

He wonders when did his eyes go bad. Maybe it's because he kept reading novels with barely any light in, but that's not the point.

What is this unfamiliar silhouette of his? And also, when he did place a mirror just right in front of his bed?

Kim Rok Soo couldn't help but walk towards near it and touch the broken glass, his bleeding hands were ignored.

"...Who?"

He's not that old enough to forget that his eyes were reddish-brown, not a shade of blue.

Even his voice was unfamiliar to him, his overall appearance is not the same he is used to.

'He is quite young.'

After wiping his hands, he searched for an ID, or anything that could be of help in his muddled mind.

When he sees an identification card in one of the wallet he found, Kim Rok Soo inched the card closer to his eyes since he can't see a thing.

"...Ryu...Gunwoo...?"

He doesn't have an inkling on who is the owner of this body. Hell, he doesn't even have an acquaintance that has last name of Ryu.

Why did he wake up in someone else's body? He doesn't even know if this is the same Korea he knew. What if this one is much worse than his previous world...time? He doesn't really know.

Kim Rok Soo was cut out of his trance when he hears something vibrate, he looks at the bedside table and sees a blurry light coming from a smartphone, he guesses.

He scrambled to walk towards it, minding the creaky floorboard in case he trips himself to oblivion.

Beside the phone, he sees an eyeglass just right next to it. He puts it on and audibly sighed when world around him became clear.

"Christ, does this punk have a myopia or something?"

Kim Rok Soo looks at the screen displayed in the phone, a contact that was named as Client 7 was shown calling.

"...What a funny punk, who names someone like this?"

Kim Rok Soo picks up the phone and slides the answer button, a voice of a woman was heard then.

"Hello?" Kim Rok Soo starts with a groggy voice, already wanting to sleep.

"I want to rent your body for a day." The woman says straightforwardly.

"..."

Don't tell him that the original owner of this is a prostituteㅡ

"...Excuse me?"

There was a laugh that could be heard from the other side of the line, making Kim Rok Soo frown with all his might as if the woman would see him right now.

He wish she did, so she would back off and never contact him again.

"Ah, let me rephrase that question. I want to commission you, same business as usual."

...At least explain what is that same business you are talking about?!

"Well, you know that TeStar would have their concert at Gocheok Sky Dome. I want to hire you to take a picture of Park Moondae and Keun Sejin."

Gocheok as in the one in Seoul?

...And who the hell is TeStar now?

"...Please give me a minute."