Chapter 02 - What Could Go Wrong In A Life That Is Already Wrong?

"Uhm...sir? May I take your o-order?"

Kim Rok Soo couldn't help but frown at the fear that the cashier is displaying.

"...One medium latte and add three extra shots of espresso."

The other customers turned to look at Kim Rok Soo like he was trying to kill himself.

"Pardon?"

As of to show his irritation, Kim Rok Soo spoke again.

"Make it four shots."

In fear that Kim Rok Soo will another shot, the cashier scrambled to the barista and tell him his order.

"One medium latte with four extra shots for sir..."

The cashier almost looked like he was about to pass away with how irritable the look was plastered in Kim Rok Soo's face.

"Kim Rokㅡsorry, it's Ryu Gunwoo."

Kim Rok Soo could see how the cashier pitifully trembles while writing the name in the cup.

"That will be two thousand w-won."

Kim Rok Soo pays with his newly withdrawn money from the bank, and the cashier fearfully accepted it.

"I-It will be available in ten minutes."

He sighs to himself before offering the cashier with a small smile, "Thank you."

The cashier visibly gawked at him when he saw the smile on Kim Rok Soo's face, he couldn't quite believe that a scary person like him would be able to muster up a smile.

He looks handsome despite his eyebags when he smiles.

The cashier visibly brightened before bowing, "You're welcome!"

Kim Rok Soo walks away with a peaceful mind, sitting at the farthest table in a corner of the cafe.

He sighs deeply to himself as he stares outside the peaceful yet busy roads of Seoul.

The contrast between this world and his previous one was so different that it made Kim Rok Soo feel like he was in a dream.

"..."

Who is he kidding? He does not have the time to stare outside and feel melancholy!

He opens a book in anger, flipping the pages every second as he drilled all the information in his head.

Tomorrow is the concert, and he does not have any time to stare into space.

"Order for Ryu Gunwoo-ssi!"

Kim Rok Soo buries his head further into the book, making sure that not a word was left behind.

"Latte for Ryu Gunwoo-ssi!"

Damn it with the loud noises! Why wouldn't that Ryu Gunwoo bastard get his coffee already!

...

Kim Rok Soo abruptly stood up, shame muddling his mind as he walks to the counter with a stoic face.

Inwardly, he wants to bite his hand from the embarrassment he's feeling.

"...Sorry."

He said that to the same cashier who was fearful of him earlier.

The cashier simply smiled, finding the scary person funny.

"It's quite alright, Ryu Gunwoo-ssi."

Kim Rok Soo immediately bows and waddled towards his seat once again. He then buries his head on the book with a loud impact, as if it was an attempt to hide his shame.