5. hide and seek in a zoo

Evelyn woke up to the sound of her alarm playing a soft melody, and she blindly reached for her phone to shut it off. She wished she could rot in her bed for a bit longer, but she knew she needed to get ready for the video today. Therefore, she reluctantly pulled herself out of bed and headed for her shower.

After she finished showering and doing her hygiene routine, Evelyn changed into a pair of black leggings and a  tshirt that had one of her favourite movies, Corpse Bride, on the front. Finishing her makeup and her brutal attack on her hair, Evelyn made her way down the stairs to the kitchen, finding the other Sidemen already there.

"Goodmorning." she greeted, to which they all echoed back. "What time are we leaving?" she asked after accepting the cup of coffee Harry had handed her.

"About 45 minutes." replied Josh, to which she nodded in acknowledgment. "We'll have to take two cars to get there, and it's a 60 minute drive, so pick your car mates wisely." he warned with a smile, causing JJ to erupt into a small fit of giggles.

Downing the last of her coffee, Evelyn went and sat in the living room with a few others, sitting on her phone and scrolling through Instagram.

"Hey Ev, want to join our car? It'll be you and me, Simon, and JJ." offered Tobi as he settled down next to her. She had the choice between sharing a car with the handsome man next to her and some of his friends, or her brother and the other rather awkward Sidemen.

"I'd love to, thank you." she smiled at him, to which he mirrored. "Who's driving us?"

"I am driving since we'll be taking my car." he explained, and she nodded in understanding. "I'll save you shotgun." he promised with a smirk as he got up from the couch, leaving Evelyn flustered once again. He seemed to love dropping the most flirty sentences and then leaving her to overthink everything. Glancing to the other couch, Evelyn saw Simon staring at her with a smile and raised eyebrow.

"Uh.." she started, not knowing exactly what to say. Simon held up a hand.

"I'm not going to say anything, except that Tobi doesn't flirt for fun. He only flirts with a girl he's actually interested in." he stated, causing Evelyn to grow redder than she already was.

"Wait, was Tobi flirting with Evelyn?" asked an astonished JJ, almost like he was surprised he hadn't noticed. This just made Evelyn let out a sigh, confused with her situation.

✧ ˖ ° . ⋆ 。 ° ✩

After what seemed like ages, the large group was ready to head towards the zoo. Evelyn and Tobi were making their way towards their designated car, Simon and JJ trailing behind them while play fighting. Stepping in front of her slightly, Tobi went ahead of Evelyn and opened the passenger side door for her, causing her to blush.

"What?! I always sit shotgun with you!" complained JJ, which resulted in Tobi giving him a strange glare and Simon hitting him upside the head.

"Oh, you can sit here if you want." offered Evelyn, to which Tobi quickly replied.

"Don't. He'll get over it." he reassured, making the already flustered girl smile at him before getting into the car. Shutting her door, Tobi went around the front of the car to get into the driver's side while Simon and JJ clambered into the back.

✧ ˖ ° . ⋆ 。 ° ✩

The drive seemed to have flown by, given that Evelyn was laughing the entire time. She was very grateful to have picked the car that she had, since she was having a blast.

Simon was in the middle of telling an embarrassing story about JJ fumbling a girl during a Sidemen video, and Evelyn was laughing along with the others.

"It wasn't even my fault!" JJ exclaimed whilst throwing up his hands, causing Tobi to shush him in between giggles.

"We're here." he said as he parked the car and the group's laughter died down. "You ready to be a star in a Sidemen video?" he said while turning his head to look at Evelyn as Simon and JJ exited the car.

"I mean, I'm obviously really excited, but I'm also nervous? Does that make sense?" she asked him quietly.

He smiled softly at her and nodded. "I know what you mean, and trust me, it'll be okay. It's just like playing hide and seek with your friends, except this time there just so happens to be cameras. You'll do great, love. We should go now, though. The others are waiting."

"Yeah, you're right. Thank you, Tobi." she said before the pair exited the car and joined the others. As soon as they walked over, Josh started handing out onesies. Evelyn looked at hers quizzically, trying to figure out what it was. She decided to just put it on and see.

Looking around at the group, she giggled seeing everyone else in costume. There was a very diverse group of animals, including a flamingo, a lion, penguin, and a zebra. Looking down at herself, Evelyn awed in realization.

"Am I a fox?" she asked Harry, who nodded in confirmation, making his giant stuffed wolf head bob around.

"Yup. You've even got the fuzzy little tail." laughed Vik, Ev joining in. "I'm rather happy as a penguin."

"Well, it suits you." joked Evelyn, and Vik laughed.

At the sound of someone clapping their hands together, the group turned to see Harry asking them to get ready for the intro. Evelyn made her way over to stand next to Tobi the lion.

"Mind if I stick with you for the first little bit?" she whispered to him, and he nodded immediately.

"Yes of course. One of us is winning this for sure." he whispered back, and Evelyn nodded in agreement with a smirk.

✧ ˖ ° . ⋆ 。 ° ✩

975 words

I'm sorry this is so short, i really just needed a filler cuz i'm super busy rn and for the next days

i'll update asap i super swear :))))

love you guys, make sure to eat and drink water!!!!

ALSO WE ARE ALMOST AT 200!