#01

In the Highlands manor a well dressed man was sitting on his office while  holding a letter.

With a serious look he holded his chin and a single drop of sweat was dropped

"Damn it!"

Exclaimed the man as he threw punch to the table

"... We are sorry to inform you this way but, Lady Maria has died as well as your youngest child... "

The man, holding his black hair back with his hands, hold the letter once more.

"I though this time I would be able to raise one of my kids, I'm sorry Maria I really wanted to..."

As the man cried alone in his office, with no one but his servants he wondered

"(Its really worth living a life without you?) "

***

"Hey you! You are not supposed to be here!!"

A man screamed at child, in which moment the child started running

"She just left? I wondered what she was doing here- THAT RAT! SHE STOLE MY HIDDEN MONEY!"

The child running with a grin on her face, now with a purse filled with gold coins though to herself

"(I really never change) "

***

I used to be a 3rd rate supervillain in my world.
When I was youngmy main goal was always getting money, no matter of I had to steal or not, with time I ended joining a gang where I did a few heist, It was easy money and I was in a pretty comfortable position, unless I was until the accident happened...

During a heist for a weird radiactive metal. We got caught mid robbery by a guy that could fly, he stopped the car with one hand sending all my pals through the window, but I was om the back of the truck and the impact caused the radiactive metal to explode.

... that accident doted me with powers, super strength and speed also the ability to shoot some weird purple lasers out of my hands, I though I might use them to help people and be a hero, but due to the world already  knowing about my reputation.

It was hard to convince people I had changed, with time I ended up doing the same, being a bad girl was always on me I guess. I even ended up having a superhero nemesis, It was a thrilling life. I even was invited to an evil corporation of some kind.

I never really got to respond them because the day after a new hero came to my hide out and tried to fight me.

And then things got way worse

***

Anyway I ended up dying and for a moment everything went black until...

I saw myself in front of a mirror again as a child.

"Lid you should get ready! "

Said a young girl in the same room as I

"wait wha-"

"Get dressed or Lady Trav will get mad at you!"

I saw the face of that child, she wasnt really angry at me, she was scared

I startes putting on the clothes that were on a bed, while I was doing that I saw that this body has many bruises and scars

"(What the hell is happening?!)"

A scary lady kicked the doot open and was looking at us as if she was looking for something. After a few moments the lady said:

"Alright you two! It seems the lesson was learned you'll be able to go back with the other kids in the noon, you should be smiling more!"

I suddenly realized many things, my face was covered in tears as if I were crying not to long ago, also the clothing that I and the other girl had were filled with a lot thorns that were grasping our skin, it hurt a lot but as someone who has died before, this was nothing

"You.. why aren't you crying?!"

As if I had a moment of realization I saw that the other girl was crying since a moment ago

Then, as if it were an instinct, I too started crying

"Thats better, I'll see you in tomorrow since none of you could pass your punishment"

Then quickly the lady left, and after waiting to stop listening for her steps to be silent, both me and the girl took the thorn-full clothing

I tried to console her by aproaching her but

"Get away from me! We are in this because of you! And your escape attend!"

I felt as if I would have woken up from a dream, the memories of this childting through my head

***

Lid is the name of this kid... or well me.

The girl confined with me is Gabrielle and what she said its true this is my fault

This orphanage is known as the hardwater orphanage as the only orphanage in town, most kids reside here, but it is a complete hell, almost no kids gets adopted from here and before any kid reaches the age to leave they suddenly dissapear.

After Lid and other kid Lorian prepared a escape plan they were caught and put in a special dungeon to suffer a "punishment" but this isnt a punishment this is just abuse.

It seems we have been here for 2 days for now and the punishment doesnt seems to have an end yet.

But there is something lady trav didnt know.

I waited until night time and started my new plan

As if some aura appear around me I was able to shoot one of my lasers to the knob breaking it

"What?!"

"Sshh be quiet  this is the first time I do this!"

At least the first time on this body, I intended to destroy the door but it seems this body has limitations.

"I have another Idea and this time It'll work!"

***

After freeing all the other kids I was shock when I heard what happened to Lorian

"His real father came for him, Count maston!"

I thought

"(He was lucky it seems I really dont have the rest of the memory of this girl so I dont know how to react, he is probably better now. this place has no use for me now)".

"I'm glad to now he's fine now, but I'll need you'r help for this"

That night the orphanage was on flames as It were a farol for the town and the kids.

// Hi guys shif here, I must apologise if you wanted to see the lld history continue but I decide to rewrits everything, I hope yall understand, as always If you see an spelling error dont forget to mock me about it so I fix it! byebye