58. Blissful

Everything was a mess back in leeds, the fire had started because of a gas leak in canteen. Thankfully they had noticed before it had reached the gas pipe but the Fire had spread on other things already. It had been five days and Wajahat was still neck deep in the renovation and budget meetings.

He loosened the tie around his neck and glanced at the stack of files placed on top of his office table. Inhaling a deep breath he massaged his temples. Even between all of this chaos he couldn't stop thinking about Falak. Wajahat missed her, sighing he dived back into the work pending.

After a chaotic and stressful 10 days finally he was done with his work. The renovation for the damaged area required a month's time but his work was done. Packing his luggage he arrived at the airport. Entering the lounge area he got himself settled and opened his laptop to check the emails.

Wajahat glanced on the digital screen on the wall. He was annoyed at the announcement. Due to rain his flight had been delayed for 3 hours. It seemed like eternity to him. He just wanted to go back home to his family. In all this days he wasn't even able to talk to them. He spoke to Fariqa once and twice to Falak.

A happy smile made home on his face. He remembered how petrified he had been when he had gotten engaged to Falak and now he missed her so bad. No matter how hard he had tried to stay away from her. Somehow she did manage to make herself a secure and permanent place in his heart.

What was shown as 3 hours in the announcement had turned to be infuriating 6 hours long. Once he was boarded, He breathed a sigh of relief. Followed by a tiresome 11+ hour of flight. He was finally home. It was 3am when he reached home.

Entering his home, Wajahat took slow steps towards his room. He hadn't informed anyone of his arrival. He opened the door to his room and was puzzled when he saw the bed empty. He had a look at his watch.

"Where would she be at this time of the night?" He mumbled but walked inside the closet. After a refreshing shower, he changed into a comfortable pair of black t-shirt and grey sweatpants. Coming out he noticed Falak still wasn't in room.

"Is she not here!? Is she at her mom's place." He felt a little upset at the thought. He walked to the library and the upside down opened book Confirmed her presence in home but she wasn't there as well.

He walked through the living room towards the kitchen and the lights assured her presence inside. He could hear the sound of bowl and spoons clashing together. He stood at the threshold of the door and was stunned at the view in front of him.

Falak was totally engrossed in her noodles, dresses in tiny pink stars and white moon printed pajama bottoms with a matching peach colored t-shirt accompanied by a white stole on her shoulder. Her hair tied back in a messy bun on top of her head. A bunch of baby hairs resting on her forehead with a few loose tendrils behind her ears. She was a sight to behold. Wajahat walked towards her in hypnotic state, he stopped and gazed at her lovingly for long minutes.

Falak gulped when she felt someone's gaze on her, instead of just raising her head to look at the person she was thinking of a 100 ways to escape from the intruder. She moved her eyes around and noticed rolling pin at the end of the counter, she picked it up slowly. And at full speed she turned around and raised her hand with the rolling pin above her head to strike at the intruder.

Wajahat was caught off guard at her action but as a reflex reaction he caught hold of her wrist and pulled her towards him. The instant Falak noticed it was Wajahat her grip on the rolling pin loosened resulting it to fall down on the floor. He secured his another hand on her back and held her close.

"Woah!! I wasn't really expecting this kind of welcome." He murmured in a low whisper near her ears. She was still dumbfounded at his arrival, she didn't knew when he was gonna be back. Wajahat silently noticed her rapidly changing expressions. He pressed his lips into a thin line to stop the laughter that was threatening to break free.