Chapter 14: GHOST RIDER; ORIGINS

The scene begins at a flashback years ago where a younger Robbie looked to be dying on the streets. His body was bleeding and broken while he was looking up lifeless.

Robbie's Thoughts: Please... I can't die here... Someone... Anyone... give me another chance...!

???: Your soul desires vengeance. Let us make a deal.

*JUST BEFORE THE FINAL ROUND*

Robbie: I wasn't born with my quirk. It was given to me by someone else. Only difference is your's is a gift, and mine's a curse.

Izuku's Thoughts: (shocked) No way. He was given his quirk?

He soon knocks out of the shock and asks what he was talking about.

Izuku: Someone gave you your quirk? Who?

Robbie: You know a lot of heroes in Japan. How many do you know in America?

Izuku: A lot. Especially ones from New York and California.

Robbie: Ever heard of the vigilante the Ghost Rider?

Izuku: Only in rumors. News reports say he targets people where they ended up dead from burns. A lot of them said their eyes were completely burned.

His brain suddenly clicked at where Robbie was going with this.

Izuku: Reyes... did you...?

Robbie: Not all of them. Majority were from the ones before me. I didn't have a choice when I was given my power.

Izuku: Why did you call it a curse?

Robbie: Before coming to Japan, I lived in Los Angeles with my brother, Gabe, and uncle, Eli. Even though I was born quirkless, I didn't want to become a hero. I didn't care for that life. At least, until 5 years ago when I screwed up. I made mistakes, and it not only cost me my life, but my brother's legs. In that moment, I made a deal and gained this powerful quirk.

Izuku: (gasped in shock)

Robbie: But it came with a price. Every time I use it, I feel more and more of my humanity getting lost. (Beat) Our limits may be different, but we both come from quirkless places. Your quirk results in breaking your body while mine makes me lose my humanity. If we fight, you should do yourself a favor and throw in the towel. Like Mr. Aizawa says: you'll be a liability if your body's too broken. 

He leaves, and Izuku honestly wasn't sure how to deal with the info he had been told.

*PRESENT*

After melting the ice down, the teachers were preparing for the next round. Both Izuku and Robbie were in their separate areas to prepare for the fight. With Robbie, he was talking with the voice in his head.

???: You wish to be a hero to repent for your sins, and yet, you don't use your full power.

Robbie's Thoughts: That power comes with a price. And when you do go full power, someone dies regardless of the situation.

???: Vengeance must be brought to the guilty. There is one presence that must face judgment.

Robbie's Thoughts: If it's a villain, then we should inform the teachers—

???: No. A so called "hero" must be punished.

Robbie: I'll worry about it later. Right now, I got a fight to do.

???: You cannot win without my full strength. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you will control the Spirit of Vengeance.

Up with 1-A, some were sharing their thoughts.