Double Potions & A Gay American

Breakfast cannot come soon enough. You bound down the stairwell and into the Great Hall, heading for the Slytherin table. Breathless, you tap Blaise on the shoulder. He whirls around in surprise.

"What are you doing?" he whispers, eyes playful. "You're not supposed to be here."

"Oh, please," you scoff. "I couldn't care less. As if I'm going to enjoy sitting at that know-it-all table full of mudbloods and blood traitors. Not to mention, the colors are barbaric!" 

You point to your tie, dark blue and bronze stripes. "I mean, what?"

"You could talk to Snape. Convince him to let you back into Slytherin," Blaise suggests. You look up at the staff table  the greasy haired, sour looking man is sitting with a stoic expression on his face. 

"He likes your family. Your father was his friend in school," Blaise reminds you. 

You grimace. "Don't remind me. Of course my father hung out with losers."

"Anyway," Blaise shrugs. "It's worth a shot. I say you give it a go." 

Draco sits down beside Blaise and looks over his shoulder at you.

You gasp in horror. "Ew! It's a Slytherin!" you half-shriek.

Draco looks at the patch on your robes in disgust. "Blue does not suit you, Y/n," he sniffs. "The Sorting Hat is fucking broken or something."

You slide between Blaise and Draco, sitting down on the bench. You hope no one notices that you're not at the right table.

"Speaking of which," you raise your eyebrow. "How's Potter doing in Slytherin?"

Blaise smirks at Draco and eyes you knowingly. Draco huffs an exasperated sigh and slaps his forehead.

"It's unheard of!" Draco rants. "Saint Potter in green, what a joke! Such a bloody idiot! His hair's untidy and his trunk is too, and for all I know he's going to give Slytherin a bad name! At least his eyes don't clash with his robes anymore, so that's an improvement."

You cough to cover up a giggle.

"And get this," Draco rolls his eyes. "The little prick is sharing a dormitory with Blaise and I! Can you fucking believe it? Merlin's beard, I'm going to go insane."

"Ah, roommates!" you grin. "This should be interesting."

"Snape did it on purpose," Draco grumbles. Then he continues to trail on and on about how ridiculous Harry Potter is.

Blaise winks at you. "I'll keep you posted," he says when Draco's not listening.

"And what about you? Who are you living with?" Blaise asks. 

You rub your forehead, tired. "Loony Lovegood," you sigh. 

"And?" he prompts.

"That's it," you deadpan. 

Blaise's eyes widen and he makes a face that looks a lot like "ooh-L/n-you're-seriously-fucked."

"I know," you roll your eyes. "Crucio me right now."

"As long as she doesn't remember the events from our previous years, it should be okay-"

"She does," you clarify.

"Good luck," Blaise says somberly. 

"Oh!" You look up and your eyes brighten. "Have you gotten your timetable yet?"

"I have. Double herbology with the Gryffindors first thing in the morning," Blaise replies. "I don't know if I have the energy to deal with them, honestly."