In Sheep's Clothing

There was a girl's code in everything. Mean Girls taught us that. But it wasn't easy to follow when the butterflies in your stomach were flipping like crazy, forcing you to do things you weren't supposed to.

What do you mean by that

nothing, just that it's funny how you give me that book

i know one person who can be jealous

Who tho

And yeah, I just thought that you'd like it

thats rlly sweet

i only said that if u don't have a gf

I don't ha

ahhh

that's good

i mean it's not if you're actually looking

I giggled over the text that this one guy just sent me. It wasn't even until Eva nudged my arm, did I notice that I was actually still sitting in the cafeteria's mall with my group of friends.

"Taylor."

Eva startled me, making my phone slip out of my hands as I caught it and glanced over at her still with a beam on my face. "What?" I asked.

"Your friend's here telling her stories about the guy she's crushing on... and you're kind of being rude." Eva took a sip from her soda. "Who are you even texting?" She added.

"What?" My eyes widened, something leapt out of my chest as well at the sudden interrogation. "No one. Just someone from work." I replied shortly.

"You're a terrible liar," Eva snatched my phone out of my grip, I was too stunned to get it back. A grin tugged at the corner of my lips as she showed the screen over to me again. "Passcode?" She demanded.

Taking that as my cue to steal my phone back, I mocked her dryly. "That's what you get." I told her. "Anyway, what were you saying again, Tal?" I shifted my gaze on Talia, who was sitting next to me with her head lean over the table trying to eat her noodles.

Talia showed me a picture of a guy on Instagram, gushing over it with her cheeks beam. "Isn't he just so cute?" She said to me.

I narrowed my gaze at the profile, taking Talia's phone out of her grasp. "Wait, isn't that the DJ guy who was on the party like last weekend?"

"Oh, yeah it is." Eva answered. She was the initiator for any parties going on as she had contacts to the in-crowd, known as the people who would get us in for free. Though we were capable, functioning adults who would afford tickets, but the idea of getting into a party because of connection sounded better.

My phone beeped as I took it out of my pocket and scrolled right up after seeing the name on bubble notifications. Opening the message, I held in my muffled laughter, away from my friends who were strolling down the mall.

Are you with them right now

yes why

Just wondering

Anyway, you know about that night fair?

which one

The one in my town

U feel like coming?

u want to come together?

Yeah sure why not