Chapter 11 - How Do You Feel?

Silence was common. So common, in fact, that the only sound I had ever heard was the drumming of a car engine leading to the whirr of a plane turbine. The other sound was Wesker breathing as he sat across from me on the plane. A third sound was the mild beeping of the device attached to Jill's chest as she also sat, stone-faced, in the row across from us. I strained to listen for my heart beat and for the blowing wind outside--anything to quiet the deafening silence.
Silence was common.
So common,
that we hadn't spoken since that day.

Merely a "Come with me," was uttered when I was led to the car, which took me to the plane, and then a "Sit," when we stood before our seats. During my days of solitude, he never had the chance to say a word to me, because I hadn't even seen him.

I looked at Wesker now and he was gazing through the window, arms crossed, treating me as if I were invisible. Something happened that day, something that muted us both. Each time I had asked and begged to see that my parents were okay, I was ignored. But I suppose he's been ignoring me since I was taken back, along with my parents.

The silence went on for hours. And was broken when the tires of the plane brushed the ground as the sun drew low in the sky.

"We are here," Wesker announced flatly, standing up.

I placed my fingers on the window gently, gazing at the foreign environment. "Where?"

To my surprise, he honored my question. "Kijuju," he said, walking towards the plane door.

I suppose it's time for his plan.

༻︶𓏶︶༺

I hadn't expected to be so compliant considering the cruel things Wesker had done. But to think that one wrong word, one unsightly action, could endanger my parents? Compliance was the only commodity I could spare them.

We drove once again, finally arriving in a remote area with a laboratory and bunker deep within a temple. Wesker instructed me and Jill to wait in one of the cramped spare bedrooms integrated within the bunker. He briefly told me it was to meet up with an important person. Each one looked like a jail cell, thus I was reluctant to step foot inside one. Jill, without hesitation, listened to this command and strutted inside one of them. Her face has been emotionless and bleak for a while now, leading me to think she's either lost all hope or is under complete control.

As I wandered into my bedroom, the exhaustion from flying for several hours finally wore me down, pushing me into my mattress. It wasn't very comfortable, but it was enough to knock me out instantly.

༻︶𓏶︶༺

Groaning, I opened my eyes, finally coming to my senses. The nap was intense; the thin sheets tangled my legs as if I kicked and cocooned myself in a nightmare. They had become common, but it wasn't anything like Wesker or my parents being killed. It was losing control. It had only just started, but I was deathly afraid of being overtaken by the virus within me. 

After removing the sheets from my legs, I sat up fully and felt a chill slide down my back, sending shivers up my spine, as I saw Wesker standing in the doorway. He leaned there, arms crossed. No smirk nor amused expression appeared, merely stern solemnity. 

"Come with me. It's time we have an adequate conversation about what had transpired," he commanded.

I stood to my feet quickly, not hesitating one bit, and walked over to the door. Oddly enough, this seemed to worsen the tension Wesker was emanating, and his eyebrows furrowed more.

"What's--what's wrong?" I asked quietly, averting my eyes.

"Walk with me," and with that, Wesker was striding down the hallway. I was puzzled by his abrupt exit, but trailed behind like a dog.

"I am rather frustrated recently," he admitted, casting a pitiful glance at me. "I did what I had to in order to make you cease escaping. However, it seems that you have taken my leverage of your parents as a sign that you cannot defy me in any way." Wesker sighed, stopping at the entrance to a grand temple room. I halted behind him. "But I admit that I miss that rebellious and charismatic side of you."

Wesker paraded into the middle of the room, turned towards me, and spread his arms wide. "My plan is to saturate the world with the same virus inside of you. It will eliminate all weak humans, effectively eliminating overpopulation. All worthless beings of life will be gone, and humanity can begin again. I needed somebody to rule this with, and I had somebody in mind that would've been suitable." He put his arms at his sides and dreamily stared at an imaginary figure on the wall across the room. "But you had unexpectedly come into the picture and become the first to overcome Uroboros."

Slowly and cautiously, I approached Wesker, afraid of angering him, yet eager to hear more. He noticed this and tried to hide a smirk in the way he always does. Why do I notice that? Why do I know his habits? Why is it that such a small movement, his hand hiding his mouth, is so significant?

"That is why, Y/N, you can never anger or disappoint me so much that I hurt your parents. The worst you can do is betray me and work with the enemy. That will cost their lives," he affirmed, back pedaling into the shadows overcast by an overhang from the upper floor of the room. I continued to walk toward him.

"So, as long as I go along with your plan, nothing I do will compromise my parents?" I inquired, rubbing my arms.

"Yes," Wesker nodded, then grazed my knuckles that clenched my arms. "We have had our disagreements, our fights, and can both agree that I haven't been the best." He gently grabbed my arms, too. "Yet I've noticed something."

"What is it?" I breathed, afraid of shattering the connection, afraid of severing his warm hands from my cold and clammy shoulders. I welcomed the heat as it scorched my skin.

What am I thinking? Didn't this man put me through Hell and back? Threaten my parents? Plan to destroy humanity?

These thoughts couldn't apprehend my mind in time, as Wesker's grip tightened, and he flipped me around, slamming me into the wall. One hand held my arm, and the other was planted on the wall above me.

"What are you feeling?" He whispered into my ear. "I have always wondered. Are you afraid, or are you angry? Are you craving me, or are you hating me?"

"I don't know," I sobbed. The surprise of warm tears rolled down my cheeks. I don't know how I'm feeling. I don't understand why I'm crying, either. The scalding water on my face was brushed aside by a gentle thumb after Wesker let go of my other arm.

"Perhaps this may help," he said as his thumb trailed down to my chin and lifted it up.

And like that, his lips were pressed onto mine, and he only pulled the tip of my chin into the kiss. It was rough yet smooth, a softness greeted with the most ferocious fire. And to my surprise, my hand reached up and grabbed the back of his head, pulling him in. With one final breath, I released him, and he did so too, taking a step back and leaving some space between us.

I didn't notice my heartbeat until now, as I could finally breathe, and my lungs were throbbing, sucking in air, searching for a way to solidify this moment. 

"Do you know now?" Wesker mused, smirking a bit as he looked away. I could've sworn his face was red.

I chuckled a bit, noticing the tears still lazily coming from my eyes. "Yes. I understand now."

"Ahem," a woman cleared her throat, standing in the hallway we had come in through.

Wesker whirled around to face her, his face twisted into a raging glare. "Excella. You aren't needed here."

"Clearly," she scoffed, shooting daggers at me before walking down the hallway, away from us.

My legs couldn't take the overwhelming weight of embarrassment, and I leaned against the wall again and slid down onto the floor. I suppose the weight was combined with recognition, because it finally registered that I had kissed Albert Wesker.

Not only that, but I liked it.

Why?

༻︶𓏶︶༺

another chapter! yippee! i'm suuuper busy lately, but i am gonna conclude this soon! and make another RE story probably!