Night 1,5: I don't remember

Vincent lay on the floor and looked at the walls surrounding him. There were no specific places of interest to him, and he could not go to another place, since he could not walk. A tall woman, blonde with an extremely peaceful and kind face, entered the room; in her arms she was holding a child about two months old, this child was sleeping peacefully.

- Vincent, when will you be more active, huh? All you do for days is stare at the walls! Children your age crawl everywhere, study everything, and you just lie there and do nothing; I have no idea what will grow out of you...

The woman hurriedly left the room, closing the door behind her. Vincent was only a year old, he could crawl, but could not walk yet. Although he was not worried about either the first or the second. He was only looking for something in himself rather than in the room where he was.Still, after some time, Vincent, who had been lying on his back all this time, turned over and began to crawl around the room, looking into different corners of the room. Soon he crawled to the tall full-length mirror that stood in the room. Peering into the mirror, he tried to find his reflection there, but there was nothing in place of young Macaw. He looked higher. A terribly insane-looking man looked at him from the mirror. His emotions could not be understood, he was either happy, or scared, and perhaps even puzzled... For an adult this would not have been of any interest, but Vincent was terribly frightened by this face, he closed his eyes in fear .

He opened his eyes and the room was no longer there. He was sitting inside nothing on what looked like a chair. In front of him stood the same incomprehensible rectangular table, on the other side of which sat the same man from the mirror. Vincent was already his normal age, height, and in the same street clothes in which he left the psychiatric hospital and returned home. He was extremely calm; he could not even recall the fear that he felt. Macaw spoke first.

- Answer me, why did I become crazy?

-Have you tried to figure it out yourself? Or did you, like everyone else, tell yourself "it just happened" and go do something else that you don't need?

- I have tried ! But...

- Society made you this way. Every day some crap happens to people. And they tolerate it because they have no other choice. But you are different. You're too sensitive. And precisely because of this, not only have you not recovered from your madness, but it will consume you more and more while you are with people.

- Is there a way to get rid of this?

- Death.

- What other options?

- You demand too much.

- So I won't get rid of madness?

- And you begin to understand yourself! In your head, anything can be a figment of your imagination. You won't even remember our dialogue with you in the morning...

- Wait, so I'm in a dream?

- ...

- Hey, don't be silent!

- ......

- Don't look at me like that!

- .........

- I will politely ask you to LEAVE this place.

- Why ?

- What do you mean by "why"?

- Why didn't you drive that girl away? You yourself knew then that people were spoiling you, so why did you let her in?

- She is my niece, but she has no family. I couldn't leave her like that!

- You are sure ? Is it a matter of family? Or maybe there is another reason?

- What other reason could this be?

- You obviously felt something when she pressed herself against you, right?

- She was just cold lying on the mattress on the floor, so she climbed up to me, nothing more!

- You're making up excuses for yourself. She is already sixteen, her body, like a woman, is already quite well formed...

- Bastard, she's my niece! I will never think about anything like that, shut up!

- And yet people spoil you, no matter whether they are strangers or relatives...

- You're driving me crazy, get out of my head!

- The phrase is full of absurdity. Vincent, I am your madness, your illness, and you want me to just leave? Funny.

- Then what do you want?

- I pissed you off, which is part of my duties, so now I don't need anything from you.

- Why are you still talking to me?

- ...

- You're silent again when you shouldn't!

-...I'll give you some advice: draw a picture. You haven't done this for a long time, it's time to remember the past! And yeah, sell this painting to the first person who asks you for it.

- Wait, are you making a prediction?!

- No, I just want to see where this leads. And yes, DON'T GET ATTACHED to Lucia.

- But why ?

- She will take you where no one is supposed to go, and especially you. And yes, after 13 days, they should come for the key. Don't give it away.

- Why, explain it properly!

- ...

- Hey, don't be silent!

evil ot gnol evah t'nod uoy -

- What ?

***

Macaw woke up and bent over almost to his knees. His throat was torn by a horribly painful cough. He couldn't breathe normally, he was overwhelmed with a feeling of hopelessness. His eyes ran around the entire room, looking for at least some grains of information in order to distract his brain.

Lucia immediately woke up and ran for the first aid kit in the dry clothes. She took out two tablets. The first is for epilepsy, the second is for cough.  Lucia didn't know what was happening to her uncle, so she decided to use these drugs. Then she ran to the kitchen, poured a glass of water, and then ran to Vincent. She forcibly poured these pills into him along with water. After a couple of minutes, Vincent finally came to his senses and sat quietly on the bed, breathing heavily.

- Uncle Vincent, what happened to you?

-*Huh**Huh*... I had a terrible dream...

- What could you have dreamed about that would put you in such a state?

- ... ... ...I don't remember.