20, school trip [b.n] pt. 3

It's the next morning of the school trip, the class is sitting down getting breakfast. Brady gets to the dining table and sits down next to his friends to start the day. He's distracted, he keeps glancing over to you trying to see if you're even going to acknowledge him... he wants to talk to you but he doesn't know where to start now.

After breakfast, the whole class gathers in the main lobby. The class teacher announces the first activity of the day.

Brady listens attentively as the teacher announces the first activity. They're heading to the ancient castle grounds to explore around the maze and solve puzzles.

"And remember students, partners are randomly given to you. You don't get to choose who your partner is." The teacher says making you sigh.

Brady crosses his arms across his chest, you can tell he's curious to see who his partner will be... but he doesn't seem too happy about the forced partner thing.

The teacher does a random roll call to see who ends up with whom, and as the teacher is rolling off the names one by one you notice Brady's eyes scanning around the room to see who his partner is going to be. Finally, the teacher reaches the last two students.. Brady and you. Your eyes meet and Brady's mouth drops.

You sigh rethinking everything that happened yesterday and how you still ended up sleeping on the floor in your dorm.

Just your luck to be paired with him yet again.

Brady can't believe you're his partner either. This whole school trip had been the biggest surprise so far.. yesterday was one huge mind game and now this. He has no idea what's going on. Brady looks at you again, you're crossing your arms, with a serious tone.

Brady leans over to you quickly before the teacher gets everyone started for the activity. He whispers quickly to you.

"You better not make this super awkward."

You sigh not even suprised he is acting this way.

Brady looks away to avoid eye contact with you, he looks back over at the teacher and everyone is waiting for the activity to start. The teacher finally speaks again.

"Alright everyone. You're free to go ahead and start the activity!"

Brady grabs a map and starts walking off and he looks back at you to make sure you're following him. Brady doesn't want to stay quiet for too long this time.. he wants to try and talk to you.

You only look down at the map.
"So what do we need to do?"

Brady chuckles gently, so far you're being so quiet. Normally you're so chatty and stubborn, but it seems like you're keeping quiet on purpose now, your stubbornness is driving him crazy. Brady looks down at the map.

"There are a lot of obstacles and puzzles on the map we have to solve to get to the end of the maze. We also have to avoid hitting dead ends. I think we should be good as long as we work together. How about you walk beside me instead of behind?"

"Why?" You question.

Brady chuckles again and looks back at you. He can't tell if you're still upset or just acting distant. Normally he would snap back at someone who asked a stupid question like that but he's trying to keep it cool this time around.

"Oh I don't know...maybe it's the part where we have to work together. It would probably be a lot easier if we were side by side, that way we can talk properly and communicate what we need to do. Walking behind me this whole time is going to be awkward as hell."

"You afraid I'll silently kill you or something?"

Brady snorts, you have so much attitude and sarcasm in your tone it's crazy. He chuckles again and starts walking.