Debating Marjorie Taylor Greene

Congresswoman Marjorie Greene sat in her office, the familiar ringtone signaling an incoming call from "Mogul," former President Trump's Secret Service code name. When she answered, the distinctive voice of the former president greeted her. "How are you, Marjorie?" he inquired.

"I'm doing well, Mr. President," she replied respectfully, awaiting his request.

Trump wasted no time getting to the point. "Have you heard of this librarian, Anni, the darling of the fake news?" he queried. Marjorie's response was curt. "Yes, I've heard all about that little bitch, sir."

Trump proceeded to outline his plan, with Marjorie's participation at the center. "I want you to debate her in a public forum," he instructed. Marjorie hesitated, but Trump continued, laying out the strategy. "Questions will come from an audience primarily composed of real Americans loyal to me. My people will prepare these questions, and to make sure you keep your pretty little head on straight you will be wearing an earpiece that I can coach you from."

"The goal is to throw Anni off balance, associate her with liberals and the deep state, and most importantly, make you appear as the victim of a rigged system," Trump emphasized. "Can you do that for me?"

Marjorie, eager to please, responded affirmatively. "Yes, Mr. President, I can do that."

"Good," Trump concluded. "Make the arrangements through your office, and make sure to present this as your idea. Keep my involvement under wraps."

With the call ended, Marjorie instructed her staff to contact Anni to set up the debate.

Meanwhile, Anni, caught off guard by the unexpected request, asked for time to consider. Seeking counsel, she turned to Father Dunkin, who readily agreed to meet after her shift at the Library.

Arriving at the parish, Anni found herself in Father Dunkin's office, seeking insight into the motivations behind the debate. Father Dunkin, having observed Congresswoman Greene's past associations and debates, speculated that she was not acting alone but was under the direction of Trump. "Congresswoman Greene is Trump's staunchest ally, and he utilizes her to push his more extreme views to his base," he explained. "It's likely Trump sees you as a threat and aims to discredit you, possibly painting Congresswoman Greene and himself as victims of the corrupt system."

Father Dunkin suggested the event be held at the church on her home turf but explained to Anni that he didn't want to turn the church in a media circus and requested that each candidate select only one media outlet of their choosing.

Cautiously considering the implications, Anni voiced her preference for NPR as the media outlet to cover the event, citing its balanced approach to the news. Father Dunkin concurred, praising NPR's programming.

Encouraged by Father Dunkin's support, Anni contacted Congresswoman Greene's office, agreeing to the debate under the condition that it be held at her church and limited to one media outlet per side. After some initial objections, Congresswoman Greene relented, insisting on News Max as her chosen outlet.

Father Dunkin, selecting an open Saturday on the church calendar, ensured the event's scheduling. Before Anni departed, he cautioned her about potential devious tactics, assuring her of the church's technical support for streaming and recording the debate.

As Anni left the parish, a sense of determination washed over her, ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead in the impending debate.  Anni spent endless hours researching Congresswoman Greene's background, her public attacks on other republicans and her promotion of baseless QANON conspiracies.  

On the day of the debate, Father Dunkin was busy ensuring that all technical aspects were in place for the event. He engaged in conversation with James, the church's media specialist, who also worked for law enforcement in the technology crime unit. James had installed additional equipment and was conducting sound checks before the arrival of Anni and Congresswoman Greene.