Spike Imagine - Dark Magic (ft. Will + Buff)

set in s6 (spoilers) 

I hear the door slam open and someone runs into the house, swearing softly. I spring up, reaching for a stake before I remember that vampires can't come in without an invitation. I'm about to search for some other kind of weapon but Spike taps on the glass door to the living room. 

"Sorry for the intrusion. I was on fire."

I laugh and open the door, imagining a blanket-clad Spike sprinting through the streets of Sunnydale to visit, when he could have just waited another hour or two. "Well at least you were polite enough to knock. What are you doing here?" 

I start to close the curtains to block out the sun, and Spike comes inside, throwing a ragged blanket onto the sofa. 

"I left my... ah, here it is." Spike picks up a packet of cigarettes off the sideboard. 

"Right. Priorities." 

He sinks down onto the sofa and slips the packet into one of his many pockets. He sniffs the air like a dog and I judge him for a second before I smell it too. He hums, "Somethin' smells good."

As if on cue, Buffy calls, "Pizza's ready!"

Spike's stern expression morphs into a smile. How convenient is it that he's just in time to steal our food? He follows me into the kitchen and Buffy frowns when she sees him. "What do you want?"

"Pepperoni, please." He replies with a cocky grin. Despite myself, I suppress a smirk and Buffy rolls her eyes. Still, she doesn't stop him when he reaches for a slice (although I see her hand twitch). I take a slice of the steaming margherita pizza and burn my tongue, just as Willow shuffles into the room, looking defeated. It's not been long since her and Tara broke up - she's still in her moping phase. And pyjamas. 

Buffy gives her a sympathetic smile, "Cute pjs, Will. You want some pizza?"

Willow rubs her bleary eyes and gets herself a plate, "Yeah, thanks. It smells great."

"Walmart's finest." Buffy replies, taking some pepperoni for herself. She takes a seat around the island and drops her shoulders. Willow takes the seat next to her and Spike and I stand, leaning against the counter, shovelling cheesy goodness into our mouths. I steal a glance at Willow, wondering if Buffy was right in advising that we leave her be until she feels better. Maybe I should check in. We could just share a pint of Ben and Jerry's together if she'd like. 

All is well, and blissfully quiet, until I catch Spike staring at something behind me. Before I have time to turn around, Spike says slowly, "Don't move."

"What is it?"

"Is it a..." Willow's voice trails off as she spots whatever Spike is looking at and squeaks, "Spider."

"Kill it." I croak. I hate spiders. Spike shakes his head. 

With the stealth of a panther, he picks up a knife from the counter and proceeds to lunge at me. I fall to the ground, shielding my head as Spike stabs the wall repeatedly with the knife. He grunts as he slams the knife over and over again into whatever it is (definitely not a spider). Buffy helps me to my feet and we both stare dumbly at the creature that Spike slaughtered.

A clear, jelly-like monster, no bigger than my forearm, sits squashed on the kitchen counter. It left behind a sticky residue on the wall which puts me right off my food.

"Is that a... slug?" Buffy questions, leaning closer to get a better look. 

"Looks more like a shrimp." I say, noticing the still-twitching antenna that sticks out of its face.