Entry 30

Dear Diary,

I am happy to say that our plan to rescue our girls went off without a hitch. We avoided those who would prevent us from reuniting with Lillith and Monet. It was a harrowing experience, but Abo, our trusty winged companion, flew us to Sloth for safety. We are now in his tree, which is much more comfortable than I imagined.

As we settle in, As is hard at work tending to Monet's wounds. She fell ill with a mysterious disease that has been plaguing Greed. Once Monet is well, we plan to return to Greed and help Munin end this disease once and for all.

Reuniting with Lillith was an emotional experience for me. I have never felt happier being held by my witch. We cried, and she held me in silence for a long time. Neither of us was sure if we were ever going to see each other again; it's an indescribable relief to be back together after so much time. I just hope that Munin and Monet get that moment as well.

Munin is struggling to come to terms with Monet's condition. He knew she was sick, but seeing her so ill is taking a toll on him. Lillith and I are doing our best to support him, but it is tough. We are confident that As can help Monet, but Munin is still hurting. At this point, I don't think there is anything we can do to comfort him.

Once we all had some time to rest and recover, Lillith filled us in on what she knew. They had been held prisoner; all of the ill had not been contained; only the girls had. It is true that many people are ill, but that is by design.

This realm is one of many magical worlds, and this one in particular is rather peaceful. All areas keep mostly to themselves and have avoided war for centuries, all citizens value their peace and would be very against any kind of war between the regions. Monma and Susa had become tired of this peace, Monma felt as though he didn't have enough power and began to formulate a plan to start a war to become king of all the regions. Once he came across Susa, a Gorgon who is an expert in disease magic, he quickly got her on his side by offering wealth and power. The disease spreading in Greed was only the test of his plan, a plan to spread this disease through all regions. Citizens being too weak and ill to fight back against the overthrow of power would make his plan incredibly easy once in place.

All of this information still left one thing unanswered, what do we have to do with this? Lillith revealed that Monet is actually from this realm, she grew up in an area called Pride. This region is extremely keen on realm travel; they believe in following your desires and dreams over everything else, and realm travel is a great way to open up inspiration. As soon as Monet came to our realm, she decided she wanted to stay, and she did. She moved and started a life her, she found Munin when he was just a chick and met Lillith and I not long after.

Before her move, Monet was well known as a very rare breed, a witch who could learn and use any and all types of magic, an archmage. It didn't take much effort for Monma to locate her once he decided that she would be a great asset for his plan, and once he realized that Lillith, Munin, and I also possessed multiple skills, he decided to get us all here. Lillith explains that she feels guilty; neither she nor Monet told us that they knew what that portal was; they weren't certain it was Monet's realm, and they didn't want us to be too comfortable going in with them. She thinks this whole thing could have been avoided if they just told us, but I disagree. I believe that Monma would've got us here one way or another.

With so much information to take in for Munin, Monet still asleep, and loads of planning to do before returning to Greed, it's hard to tell how long this will take. No matter how long, we are determined to fix this.

I will take a break from journaling until Monet is awake, I need to focus fully on helping with everything.

-Felicette