Back to school

Today was the first day back to school. Delilah was starting sophomore year, DJ was starting fifth grade, and Stephanie was starting kindergarten.

Delilah hasn't been school since she gave birth to Chloe. So Delilah was feeling very anxious.

The teen mother walked downstairs with her 1 year old daughter on her hip. They entered the kitchen where they saw Stephanie, DJ, Danny, Jesse and Joey.

"Ah, there she is." Danny smiled straight away when he saw his firstborn. "Hey, cutie." Danny then tickled his granddaughter.

Delilah sighed. "Dad, please don't make me go back to school. Everyone's gonna be staring at me."

"You have to go to school, sweetie." Danny reasonably said.

Jesse joins the conversation. "And if anyone makes you upset then ignore them."

"It's not that easy." Delilah fussed. "I also hate to leave Chloe."

"Sweetie, she can't be attached to your hip forever." Danny stroked his daughters hair.

"Don't worry, Delilah. I'll take good care of her." Joey assured the teenager. Joey wasn't working until night time for his comedy act, so he would be looking after Michelle and Chloe while everyone else was out.

Delilah smiled a little. "Thanks."

Danny now looked down at DJ and Stephanie. "Girls, I don't want to brag, but I've made you girls some super great lunches for a super great first day of school." Danny smiled widely. "Stephanie, for you I've got a brand new lunchbox!" Danny shows Stephanie a 'Jetsons' lunchbox.

Stephanie widens her eyes. "The Jetsons!" The 5 year old exclaimed as she was clearly very happy.

Joey takes the lunchbox and imitates the sound of the Jetson jet car. Joey then starts imitating George Jetson. "Hi, I'm home. Hi Jane, hi Elroy, hi Astro." Joey then switches to Astro the dog voice. "Hi George, how was your first day of school?"

"Well...that was different." Delilah awkwardly laughed.

"Different?" Jesse scoffed. "You mean odd."

"And DJ, for you I've got a brand new Barbie lunchbox!" Danny showed DJ her new lunchbox.

The girls turn to Joey, waiting for him to do some sort of impression.

Joey shook his head. "I don't do Barbie."

"Oh darn." Jesse sarcastically tutted.

"Thanks dad, but fifth graders don't carry lunchboxes anymore."

Danny ruffled DJ's hair. "Try to sell it to a first grader." The Tanner man advised. Danny then took $10 out his wallet and handed it to Delilah for her school lunch.

"Thanks." Delilah stuffed the cash into her pocket. "I've gotta go. I promised Kayla that I'd meet her at the park so we could walk to school together." Delilah told her family. The 15 year old kissed her daughter on her head. "Mommy's gonna miss you so much."

"Delilah, you're only going for 6 hours." Jesse laughed.

"But I'll still miss her a lot." Delilah pouts, hugging her daughter one last time before handing her over to Joey.