Would you stay?

" What happened to her?" Raymond asked, caring more about his daughter's wellbeing. Good. However I didn't reply. He looked at her in my arms
" Odeth?" He called worriedly and I felt her body tense up in my arms.

I frowned at the emperor, not that I wasn't frowning before.
" She's asleep. She's okay. She did not go missing. She was with me" I spoke trying not to get angry. He was her father and I knew he loved her, but I couldn't help getting angry at him. I really wouldn't hesitate crippling him if you made her uncomfortable.

He tried to touch her.
" Don't" i said in a more possessive way than I intended which made his hand to pause in the air. He looked at me in disbelief. I took a deep breath.
" Make sure your guards watch her more closely in the future. I was training with my men. They left, so I decided to train her a little too" I spoke confidently.

He looked shocked. He glanced towards Andrew and then at me again.
" Train her?" He asked .
" It is good for the princess to learn a little self defense. Am i right?" I asked giving him an intense stare.
" Well.... I.. I think so" he replied nodding his head along.

" If this will make you feel any relieved. She's not hurt, just tired and asleep" I told him and his eyes softened.
" Thank you general" he muttered. I saw that he was happy and relieved to see her. I knew the princess could hear everything since she wasn't actually asleep.

" I'll take her to her room now" I stated. The emperor tensed up in response but quickly got a hold of himself and nodded. I turned to leave but halted and looked back at the emperor one more time.
" I do not like to interfere. But I hope you do not give your daughter out to a man who cannot protect her but wants her to wake up before him"

I knew the emperor and Andrew himself understood what and who I was talking about. I walked out of the throne room and the heavy doors closed behind me. I soon started climbing up the stairs, yet the princess wasn't moving. I would have thought she was asleep but I could hear her heart beating fast, she was still nervous.

I got to the floor where her room was and walked towards her room. There was a maid in front of the door. She raised her head to look at me and a shocked expression appeared on her face  but she quickly dropped her eyes. As I got to the door...
" Get out" I ordered and she hurried away. I walked into the room and closed the door behind me.

Her scent was so thick in the room and I just tried to ignore it which was obviously impossible. I walked to her bed and tried laying her on the bed but she tightened her grip on me.
" Princess.. we're in your room now" I spoke calmly , but still she wouldn't burge.
" Princess" I called
" Don't go.." I heard her say softly
" Please.." she begged.

My heart clenched. I've only been feeling emotions from my heart ever since I met her. I wanted to stay but I couldn't. I had responsibilities as a general. I sat on her bed which was lower than I would like, however it was her bed and I knew the problem was from me. I made her straddle me and she hugged me tightly. I just sat there quietly.

" Please don't go... Elias.. stay" she pleaded. Her voice tiny. I rubbed her back soothingly. This small woman wanted me to stay and I was actually considering it. But why does she want me to stay? Does she like me? She shouldn't. I was still a heartless warrior who couldn't feel affection. But well... I felt it for her, I couldn't even understand how.

I knew I was cursed not to feel things like this. It was new to me but I knew it was what I wasn't supposed to feel. I wanted her. All of her. I wanted to keep her to myself.

" Please don't go Elias" she pleaded and I could now hear her voice breaking, she was crying. I forced her to pull away from the hug and I stared at her face. Her eyes were teary and I really had no idea on what to do. How could I comfort a crying woman?

" Would you stay?" She asked, staring at me hopefully.
" Why do you want me to stay?" I asked. I wanted to know, I needed to know. She didn't give me an answer, she just stared at me. After a while, I sighed.
" You should sleep princess" I suggested. She didn't reply, instead she hugged me .

I patted her back lightly and we remained like that. Slowly, her breaths began to even and she slowly fell asleep in my arms. I'd have to leave before Dawn with my men.

Because if she asked me to stay again looking like that. I would, I doubt I would be able to walk away from her while she begged me to stay. So we'd have to leave very early.

I slowly put her to lay on the bed and pulled the blanket up to cover her. Her eyebrows pulled together in her sleep. I wanted to kiss her again, but not in her sleep. I pressed a kiss on her forehead and walked out.

I really have no idea who I'm becoming. How I became so affectionate towards the princess still confused me. However I had noticed that the more I stayed with the princess and feel these things towards her. New curses are added upon me. It felt like they were replacing my inability to feel emotions with more torture. And these especially attacked my heart.

If it continued like this, I would die, or else the gods refused to let me die. Since they hated me so much and just wanted me to suffer. But was I ready to suffer like this?. What if the princess gets cursed as well for breaking through their curse. I wouldn't like that. I was doing alot of thinking recently. I never had to think about anything twice. But now, the princess had kept my head full with countless thoughts.

One thing I knew was. I would not be like my father. I would not take another man's betrothed and force myself on her.

This felt too similar...

Sorry this took a while. I apologise. I've been trying to adjust to my new job since life's more difficult than I thought. Lol. But it really isn't funny.  Hehehe. I'm just trying to be positive. Sigh.

Let me know what you think about the chapter.

Don't forget to vote