chapter 24

I felt a pang of sadness as I watched the seashells scatter across the floor.

flashback:

We were all walking on the beach, admiring the sunset, while me and Laura were struggling to keep Savannah on her feet. It was full of chaos; on the back of it, there was loud music, laughter, and the sound of ocean waves at the same time. how soothing.

I never felt this feeling before; maybe I never got the chance to enjoy my life.

"Well, sorry about the chaos," Ryle said, scarting the back of his head.

"Actually, I kind of like this chaos," I replied with a smile, feeling grateful for the unexpected moments of joy in my life.

As we moved towards a full pile of rocks, I noticed an old woman making beautiful jewellery out of sea shell. She looked so peaceful and content. I was mesmerised by her creation. The skill, precision, and creativity she put into each piece were truly inspiring.

"Well, grandma, will you ever die?" Ryle asked sarcastically. The old woman chuckled softly, her eyes twinkling with wisdom. "Oh, I'll live as long as the sea keeps bringing me treasures," she replied with a serene smile, and then laughed. She is so beautiful.

"Care to take this with you. It will bring you luck and protection," she said, handing me a delicate seashell necklace. As our hands touched, I felt a spark of energy pass between us, as if she was transferring some of her wisdom and strength to me.

"This is beautiful." She pulled my hands towards her and looked at it with admiration.

"I see. You are an artist too." I blushed at the unexpected compliment, feeling a connection with this mysterious woman.

"how do you know?"

"I know everything, my child," she said, then ran her hands over my palm lines , tracing the paths of my future. But her smile faded as she reached the end, her expression turning sombre.

"Oh, poor you, my child; your path ahead is not an easy one. Something dark and dangerous awaits you." She gave me a smpathic smile and cupped my fact and kissed my forehead before whispering, "may god save you from the trials that lie ahead." With a gentle squeeze of my hand, she handed the necklace.

"Always keep it by your side. May the goddess of this mighty ocean always watch over you and protect you." And with that, she started packing her unsold jewellery back into her worn-out cloth bag.

"Where are you going?" "I must leave this place before nightfall," she replied softly. "There are whispers of evil spirits roaming these lands after dark. Don't stay here longer than you must." I watched as she disappeared into the crowd. I clutched the necklace tightly.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For a week, I was in complete bedrest. Even though I started walking by myself earlier than expected, Shelly was so mad at him when she found out about it. She shouted at him, and they had a huge fight. I don't even know how she was even alive after slapping him with ridiculous racial slurs. He wasn't a saint either; he started with homophobic slurs.

"You may rest as you please; you are useless in my work anyway," he said and left.

Well, I'm glad I'm not needed; I don't want to do this forced labour anyway. After that, we didn't see each other.

Even though we sometimes have eye contact, we ignore each other. I stopped going to work. Even though I get thousands of text messages from Garner, What I would do all day was wait for Natasha to get me out of this hell. Shelly hired a therapist for my mental therapy. Ofcourse for the 1st time I met my therapist, she was concerned about the abusive marriage I was in, she even called for help, ofcourse it was of no use, no one can report ricardo. He's the most powerful man afterall.