Chapter 18

Kol and Persephone walked back to the house. "So what's happening with everyone?" she asked him.

"Rebekah has been cursed. They've tried everything but they're going to have to dagger her. And Marcel has become something new. The ancestors of New Orleans made him this monster. Apparently his bite is poisonous to us. Elijah was bitten. Freya has him in a slumber as well. And Marcel took Klaus. Freya, Haley, and Hope are on the run."

"What the hell? Do we need to go help them?"

"No. Freya said we need to find a cure for Elijah's bite and Rebekah's curse. but she told me that we have to stay out of New Orleans for a while."

"But what about Nik?"

"He'll have to stay there until we can regroup. So who is Leto?"

"All this shit going on with your family and you want to ask me about him?"

"Why not? He's your friend isn't he?"

"Not like Davina was your friend if that's what you're asking. We have a lot in common. That doesn't happen to me often, if you haven't figured that out yet."

"I'm not saying you can't have friends,"

"No? Really? Because that's what it sounds like. I asked you to take the class with me. You would've been able to meet Leto too. He's a great guy. Very smart and caring. He just lost his mother and he's raising his little sister."

"Sounds like a real catch."

"I suppose so," she said with a laugh and Kol scoffed at her and walked up the stairs to their house. Persephone rolled her eyes. SHe wasn't going to be baited when she did nothing wrong.

"I bet Bonnie and the quarterback just love him," Kol said as he walked into the house and poured himself a glass of bourbon.

"They do. I mean he actually comes out to eat with us. Not tells me he's busy then sits around watching Iron Chef America," Kol looked offended.

"You love Iron Chef America." She laughed softly.

"I do. But I also love violin and I'm starting to like anthropology and history. And you were literally a part of history but if you were to even take your head out of your ass for one second you'd see that your thousand years is still a blimp on humans as a species and even smaller when you think about the history of this planet. You don't know everything. I'd never thought dating a murderous thousand year old vampire could become boring!" she said then laughed and shook her head, "I am so sorry. I didn't mean to say that." Surprisingly, Kol started laughing too.

"It's fine. I can see what you mean. And I do have a mission now. My mission the first time mother resurrected me was to be a part of her plan. Then the second time it was just to find you. I have things to research now. But I know I don't know everything."

"Good."

"Do you know what I do know?" he asked as he walked closer to her.

"What?" she asked with a playful roll of her eyes.

"My girlfriend is way smarter than me." he said and put his hands on her waist.

"Well you're not wrong about that," she said right before their lips came together.