Thirty-six

Luca

Ramirez never told me the full story about Isabel. All he told me when I asked about Bambina's mother was that he found out she was seeing another man and told her to leave and never come back or he'll kill both her and her lover, and he got full custody of their daughter by claiming that Isabel was a drug addict and couldn't manage to take care of their daughter. On the other hand, Bambina was told that her mother had run away with her lover leaving them both behind. I think she deserves to know the truth and I can't tell her because Ramirez made me swear not to.

"Tony I need you to track down Raul Cruz and Isabel Carter. Any properties they own, of relatives and friends. And find out how Raul and Antonio are related. Find me anything I can work with. And Sophia contact all teams and tell them to come back we found the culprits. And once their loved ones are found I want them taken to the Castello di carte warehouse and held captive there. Actually burn the warehouse down with them inside."

"Yes, boss." Sophia heads out with Toby.

"Toby?" I call him back. "Yes, sir?"

"Did you find anything on the other car?"

"No, sir. Nothing so far."

"And how far are we with tracking the cars down?"

"I will have Particle and Hackergirl come inform you, sir." He says and I nod my head dismissing him.

"I don't understand what that bastard would want with my daughter. I haven't done anything to him so why the fuck is he coming after me?" I hear Ramirez say to me.

"The way I see it, it can only be one of three reasons. One; he's not working alone but with Isabel and she probably just wants to be with her daughter, two; they are probably not together anymore and he wants to blackmail Isabel using Allison, or three; he or they need money and will eventually ask for a ransom anytime soon."

"If Isabel wanted to see her daughter she could have asked me. There's no reason for such extreme measures."

Is this man forgetting that he said he will kill her if she ever shows her face to him and doesn't disappear for good. I sigh and take a seat in his office.

Hackergirl and Particle inform us that they tracked the cars down to a certain garage they drove into.

It's time for me to go and handle business. I take a team of 6 men with me and tell Sophia to inform the others where to find me. I go to my car and see Ramirez hot on my heels behind me cocking a gun and I stop on my tracks.

"What do you think you're doing?" I ask him all serious.

"What does it look like, I'm coming with." He states matter of fact.

I take a deep breath to calm myself. "No, you're not." I tell him.

"The hell I'm not. It's my daughter we're talking about here." He scoffs.

"I know that, but according to my understanding, you have no training whatsoever and I can't be trying to save Allison and worry about your safety at the same time. We don't know what we're walking into and I need to be focused. So you're staying."

"I can't just sit here and wait. I have to do something, I need to make sure she's okay, I don't care what happens to me in the process."

"You're being selfish, Ramirez. You want to die and leave your daughter alone? I won't let that happen and she won't forgive me knowing that I could have stopped you from going."

"I don't care! I just want her home!" He cries.

"I know, and I'll bring her back home. Trust me. Just stay put, I will communicate with you throughout." I comfort him.

"Okay..." He hesitates.

I get into my car and drive off to the said garage with the others right behind me. As much as it pains me, I need to drive within the speed limit, I don't want to be stopped by traffic police.

We park a few feet away from the garage and I secure my ear piece so Toby could guide us into the garage without raising alarm. They managed to get hold of the blueprints of the place, Particle and Hackergirl are a mile away and have surveillance around the garage with drones to watch for movement outside.

Before we enter we have to shut down the power and we only have seconds to barge in.

"Masks on everyone." I command.

We placed C-4 explosives at every entrance that I will detonate once the power goes off. Sophia tells me through the ear piece that more men are on the way here and are close by.

Time for action.

The power is shut down and I set the explosives off and we throw tear gas in the building and make our way it.

I hear people shouting and coughing. With my blinding torch in one hand and gun in the other I make my way in shooting everyone I see. Men and women.

They have my girl and do not deserve my mercy.

"Has anyone seen my girl?" I ask and receive negative answers from the team.

The garage is big. The rest of the men should be here soon to help cover more ground faster.

This place is filthy.

There's an upstairs section and I go to the stairs keeping guard. If I'm up I can see everything that's happening down.

It's eerily quiet now. And according to the heat sensor drone from Hackergirl there should be about 30 people in the building and There were only a few gun shots fired from my men and I. There are still more people alive. We're not leaving this place until they are all dead.

I turn off the torch relying solely on my night vision glasses now. I don't want to be seen on coming.

I hear someone talking quietly in a hushed voice in what seems to be an office. I follow the voice and listen closely.

"...now. Boss, there's no way to escape and the girl is still unconscious. What do I do?"

I wait until he finishes talking on the phone as I have a plan in mind. Once he's done I kick the door down and shoot his leg making him scream in agony. "Shut up before I shoot you between your eyes." I tell him and shuts up but continues crying silently.

"Where's the girl."

He shakes his head refusing to answer. I shoot his other leg right above the knee and he screams again. I grab his hair and shove his head back pointing the gun below his chin.

"I'm going to ask you again and I need an answer this time or I'll keep shooting you until you bleed to death. Where is the girl?"

"Sh..she's in the- in the closet...behind the door..." I shoot him right between his eyes and I rush to the closet and open it hastily.

There she is. Squashed into this closet gagged and tied up.

I untie her and remove the filthy cloth they used to gag her. I carry her with me and sit down with her in my arms. Her face is bloody and is dried up. They couldn't even wipe it off.

"Grazie, Dio, per averla tenuta al sicuro per me." (Thank you, God, for keeping her safe for me.)

I don't want to cry but I'm so emotional right now. The thought of losing her... I don't think I'd survive a world without her in it.

It's time to take her home.

Our home.