30

Nathan's pov

"Nathan for this upcoming weeks party, what should the theme be?" Victoria asks me. I was starting to get tired of this vortex club bullshit. "I don't know vic I don't think I'll be able to make it" I tell her. "What? Why? Yknow just because you have a girlfriend doesn't mean you can abandon everything else..." she tells me. I shake my head no and say, "that's not it- I've got other shit I have to deal with alright?" She sighs and continues brainstorming.

I had a meeting with my father which is why I'm not sure I'll be able to come. Plus after I deal with him I like to hang out with y/n because she makes me forget about how fucked up my life really is. Tomorrow, which is Sunday, y/n and I are going to the diner.

"Nathan can I ask you something?" Victoria asks. "You just did" I say sarcastically which she didn't find very funny. She rolls her eyes and says, "what happened in the locker room before the game yesterday?" When she says that I froze. I hadn't been that vulnerable in a long time. With out saying anything in response to her question I grab my jacket and tell her I have to leave. Before she can protest I'm out the door. I quickly walk to my truck and get inside.

I go to the place I always go when I'm feeling a certain way. The beach. I park my car and stare into the ocean, and in the distance I can hear the whales which was my favorite part.

In the locker room yesterday they beat the shit out of me. They said horrible things to me, and hell maybe I deserve it. But the worst part about it is how much it reminded me of my dad. Which brought me back to a memory from sophomore years play The Tempest.

Flashback

"You don't understand...they all hate me. They're just gonna laugh at me" I say to my dad, trying not to cry knowing that would only make it worse . "Why do you suppose that is?" He asks me. "I- I don't know"
"Because you show weakness, this isn't about you and your problems Nathan. This is about the Prescott name and you will not embarrass me." He says and as he storms off I see Chloe and Samantha watching.

After my dad leaves I storm off into the boys changing room and scream "fuck" as loud as I can not caring who heard me and who didn't.

End of flashback

The worst part about it is, I preferred when he hit me rather than yell at me. I place my head on the steering wheel and think for a while.

Y/n: hey I'm done if you wanna hang out

I smile when I read her message, it feels like she knew I needed her.

Me: I'll be at my dorm in 10

I arrive at my dorm and walk into my room. It's late and y/n is asleep under the covers. I change into some sweatpants and take off my shirt to sleep. I lay in bed and wrap my arms around her. I hear her groan, not in discomfort but to let me know she's not fully asleep. "Do u wanna talk?" She asks almost like she knows. "No...I just wanna- hold you" I tell her.