3 - Business trip (i)

"What's up? Is your lease about to expire?" With some effort, Luke managed to swallow down his forkful of noodles and spoke with his mouth half-full. "No wonder I don't remember seeing you around. You're not often at school, are you?"

Jimin nodded. "No, not very often."

⁕⁕⁕

Maze University had a 'hall of fame'. Being a top-notch school, there was naturally a whole throng of alumni. If someone's name could be displayed in the hall of fame and become a part of the school's history, it would be an honor in and of itself.

Jimin's portrait had already been placed in the law school's hall of fame for a few years now. His portrait was surrounded by fellow hall-of-famers, all of whom were old or middle-aged. The portrait was painted with an odd but very unique and distinctive style. He was, without a doubt, the youngest person in the hall of fame......

He was also the one who had died the earliest.

The portrait had probably been moved to the hall of fame for the deceased by now to be used as a mourning portrait.

One shouldn't think too hard about these kinds of things - it was easy to get a stomachache just thinking about it.

In short, as a member of the hall of fame' his life had been plentiful as well as extremely busy. Although he had held the title of 'dean' and had stayed in a spacious office designed to his tastes, he actually hadn't spent all that much time within Maze University itself.

Normally, he would only stay at the school for a few days to take care of any important matters that arose in the university or the law school. And while he was at it, he would set aside a bit of time to piss off his students.

Or rather, piss off one particular student.

When he wasn't at the university, he was at Southlew Law Firm. He was rarely in his own home.

This had actually been the butt of a joke at one point.

Six years ago, when De Carma underwent a reform, everyone's personal records had to be registered and confirmed a second time. Of course, this wasn't like the olden days so these kinds of records didn't have to be entered into the system word by word. It was generated based on things such as asset card usage and was automatically analyzed. The registration process only required a quick glance and an in-person signature as confirmation.

One of the items included in the personal records file was 'principal residence'. The system would determine the location based on how long you stayed in a particular spot and automatically filtered by length of time and frequency.

When Jimin had gone to the records office for the confirmation, the data for the 'principle residence' column had rippled past and in the end, four words had popped up:

Long distance space shuttle

The young woman in charge of the file had laughed so hard she fell off her chair.

No matter how graceful of an expression that 'frequent flyer' Professor Park tried to maintain, it couldn't hide the fact that his face had turned green.

However, it still couldn't compare to the green in his face at the present moment.

Jimin removed his earpiece and played with it in his hand. He gave the message from the apartment another silent look.

His lease was ending tomorrow, which meant that he definitely had to move out today. Of course, all his worldly belongings could fit into the pocket of his coat so there was no need to physically move anything. The important part was that he still had to find a new place to stay for the time being......