Kabanata 30

Kabanata 30

Club

I didn't know how to react. Everything he said was overwhelming. He still loves me after seven years apart? How?

Shouldn't he be angry with me? I broke up with him that night because of our family issues. I knew, eventually, that would cause us to fight. The events that happened with our parents will never be erased from our lives.

We're like water and oil, never meant to be together. He shouldn't still have feelings for me. We will only hurt each other.

"I... I honestly don't know how to respond to that," I said, staring at my food, unable to meet Zamiro's eyes.

"It's okay, Miss. I just wanted to tell you how I feel. I don't want you to be confused about my actions in the future. I want to pursue you because I still love you."

My heart hurts. I nodded softly.

"Maybe you're just confused about your love for me and the nostalgia of the past you miss. We haven't seen each other in a long time. It's impossible... that you still want me."

"I understand that you may doubt my feelings for you. But ever since you broke up with me, I never accepted it. Because, to me, you are still the one I love."

I would believe him more if he said he was angry with me rather than still loving me. Anger is also an emotion with the longest memory. I'm sure he hasn't forgotten all of that instantly just because he still loves me.

Mas maniniwala akong mananaig ang galit sa puso niya kaysa sa pagmamahal niya sa akin. Mga magulang niya iyon, at mga magulang ko ang dahilan kung bakit nasira ang pamilya niya.

"Hindi mo kailangan magbigay agad ng sagot. Just... let me court you and get to know each other again."

Nag angat ako ng tingin sa kaniya. The way he looks at me with those intense eyes, all of it fills me with a warmth that I can't find anywhere else. My heart felt like it was being squeezed, each beat a painful reminder.

We continue to eat that night. Tahimik lang kami buong dinner dahil maging ako ay hindi na alam ang sasabihin. I never expect him to say that, to court me.

"Pwede ba kitang ihatid?" marahan na tanong ni Zamiro pagtapos namin kumain.

"Hindi na. I have my bodyguard with me. Siya ang naghatid sa akin kanina. He's waiting for me in the parking lot."

"Gusto pa rin kita ihatid sa inyo. Susundan ko na lang ang sasakyan mo. Okay lang ba, Miss?"

Saglit ako nag isip pero tumango rin sa huli. Pumunta na kami sa parking lot. Naroon ang bodyguard ko. Si Zamiro ang nagbukas ng pinto sa akin. I gave him a small smile and thanked him.

Nagsimula na ang bodyguard ko magdrive habang nakasunod sa amin ang Porsche ni Zamiro. I sighed heavily.

Can you really still love someone after being seven years apart without seeing each other? More importantly, can you still love that person when they are the daughter of the person that caused your parents' death?

These questions swirl in my mind, stirring a storm of confusion and conflicted emotions. Love is a powerful force, capable of enduring time and distance, but it is also susceptible to the scars left by deep wounds.

Seven years is a long time. Hindi basta biro iyon.

"Salamat sa paghatid..." sabi ko kay Zamiro nang makarating sa parking lot ng condo ko.

He wet his lips and nodded. "Don't think too much of what I've said. Hayaan mo lang ako na ligawan ka. But then if it will make you uncomfortable, you can reject me."