(XIV)

🎧 My Heart Skip A Beat ★ Purple Kiss

After Seungmin left, Hyeongjun was left alone in his room with his thoughts. He wanted to think of something positive, but his mind was stuck on one question the older boy had asked him earlier.

"Have you ever thought of making out with a guy?" Hyeongjun spoke to himself, before hearing that question, he would've always said no. But now, he could envision him and Seungmin together. And it made him happy in a way. It felt strange. As if his heart was fluttering.

Obviously, skinship was not for him, so kissing either a guy or a girl would be a no. But he wouldn't mind being in a relationship. He always thought that he would be in one with a girl.

He'd decided that he'd talk about it to Jungsu tomorrow, at school. That is if Seungmin didn't go up to him.

Thinking about Seungmin reminded him that he still had some orange juice in his backpack.

He stood up to get it and looked at the bottle for a couple of seconds. "I'm straight, right?" Hyeongjun asked himself. He pouted while looking at himself, in his mirror.

"Jisung!" Hyeongjun called out from his room, but he got no response, so he stood up and searched for his brother. The boy continued calling his name but didn't find him anywhere.

He heard some noise from downstairs and saw his brother on the phone. "Love you too" Jisung ended the call, he was rather surprised to see Hyeongjun behind him.

"Done being lovey Dovey? Come with me" Hyeongjun pulled him up and dragged him to his room.

"I was talking to Minho" Jisung pouted, the younger sibling rolled his eyes and made him sit down on his bed.

"How did you realise you liked guys?" Jisung furrowed his brows, he didn't know what to say. He bit his lower lip while thinking.

"Well, I accidentally kissed a guy and realised I liked it.. why?" Hyeongjun didn't want to answer, so he just stayed quiet, Jisung was used to his younger brother being quiet, so he didn't ask again.

"Right, well, you can talk to Minho again" Hyeongjun opened the door and pushed him out awkwardly. That was no help at all.

--

Hyeongjun's pov:

I arrived at school, a couple minutes later than usual. I usually arrive twenty minutes before school starts. I only had fifteen today.

And just my luck with who was already sitting in front of my desk?

None other than Mr. Oh Seungmin.

I smile at him and go to my seat. He looks rather... Relieved..? That I'm here. I didn't know he would be that happy to see me. I mean, I'm just Han Hyeongjun, nothing special.

"I thought you wouldn't be coming" Seungmin grabbed the orange juice from his backpack, you know, this kind of attention is something so weird to me. But I really like it.

"Well, hello to you too" I sat across from him, he was playing with his hands. I've noticed that it is something he does when he's nervous.

"What's wrong?" I asked while softly touching his hands. His mouth was left open after my quick physical touch.

"Oh, I'm sorry" I quickly apologised, for  some reason, he chuckled.

"Don't worry, Jungsu's the only one that notices me fiddling with my fingers, so I was surprised" Seungmin explained with a big smile. To be honest, I never really noticed how cute it looked.

I was about to ask him if he wanted to tell me why he was stressed, but he spoke before I could.

"It's raining this afternoon, you don't have any protection" Strange. How did he know I didn't have anything for the rain. Well, why was he bringing the weather in the afternoon now. At 8:15 am.

"I'll walk you home" Oh? I didn't think Seungmin could act like this. He's a surprising person. He seems like he's better than everyone, but when you- or at least I, talk to him. He showed his umbrella.

"Are you sure? You take the bus, right?" I didn't want to bother him. So, I'd rather walk in the rain than disturb someone.

"I don't mind, I don't want you getting sick" Aw, cute. I've never had someone care for me like that. To be honest, I wouldn't mind getting sick and missing some school.

"Is Oh Seungmin in love with me?" I asked in a joking way, but his reaction wasn't what I would've expected. All of a sudden, he looked scared.

"Wh-what?" He wasn't laughing, unlike what I would've expected. Seungmin always seemed so laid back, that something like that disturbing him this much seemed impossible.

"It's just a joke, don't worry" I said while laughing, but the laugh was mostly just to detonate the tension. With that one stupid question, I had made everything awkward. That's the second time I made Seungmin uncomfortable with a question.

"Right" He joined in with laughing, and while we were laughing together, I felt something weird. Something that I never expected would happen to me. At least, I think.

I felt my heart skip a beat.

-----

A/n

Rahh finally used this song! Junhan's finally starting to get feelings for O.de woo

-Jude out!

11.05.24