Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Four
- I hate accidents except when we went from friends to this -
January 20th, 2023

'Sorry I missed your call. Got stuck
with my sisters. But look at what I
did!'

'Aoife introduced us to friendship bracelets today

bracelets today. Apparently people
are making these for the Eras Tour?!
It was such a pain doing this almost
one handed...
I'll call once I get home, okay?'

Allie: 'You have absolutely NO idea
how cute that is!!! Why redvermore
though?'

Allie: 'I'm not sure if I'll be free later,
but please try either way. Miss your
voice <3'

'She said I should do something I like,
so I went with my two favorite
albums.
Oh, you're having plans?'

Allie: 'Just work for a little longer and
then dinner with some friends.'

Allie: 'You're really getting into Taylor,
huh? Have you listened to all her
music yet?'

"Hey, Máire! Are you still with us?" Aoife flicks my ear, successfully getting my attention before I can type an answer.
"Don't mind her; I bet she's talking to her girlfriend again."
"What girlfriend?"
"I don't... She's not... Ugh, just shut up!"

Now I have both my sisters curiously grinning at me, and Niamh is also wiggling her eyebrows, knowing damn well how much this annoys me.
"Tell us, girl! We want the details."
"You won't be getting any," I hiss exasperatedly as I shove my phone in my pocket, out of reach for either of them. "Can't you both focus on something else for once?"
Aoife and Niamh exchange mischievous glances before bursting into laughter. "Oh, come on now. You've been blushing the whole time you texted; you can't hide it from us!"
Rolling my eyes, I cross my arms and stubbornly refuse to engage in their teasing any further. "Just drop it,okay? It's none of your business who I talk to or if I have a girlfriend or not."

This gets at least Niamh's expression to soften, and she reaches out to squeeze my hand. "We're just curious and want to make sure you're happy, not invade your privacy. You haven't exactly shown interest in someone in forever, so that's special. Is it still Allie?"
I sigh, feeling a mixture of annoyance and affection for my sisters. They can be overbearing at times, but deep down, I know they mean well. "Yes, it's her. I appreciate your concerns, but I really don't want to talk about it. Not yet."

Aoife raises an eyebrow, looking like she's about to argue, but Niamh interrupts her. "Alright, alright, we'll back off for now."
"We will?"
"Yes, we will! She'll tell us whenever she's ready."
I can't help but smile at my sisters, their genuine interest shining through their teasing. "Thanks, guys. Now can we please change the subject?"