Chapter 12

It was a quiet night at the park. No one was in sight. No one but Dolly and the two hooded figures she brought along with her. The artist took in the relaxing, chill breeze for a moment. Polly would be here any minute. Dolly knew her girlfriend had been busy so she called her to meet her at the park. It was the perfect time to put the plan she had come up with into action. She turned to the two figures behind her.

"She's been here any moment," Dolly said. "Make me proud you too."

"Don't worry, Dolly," One of them, a familiar-sounding female, said as she removed her hood. She looked exactly like Daphne. "We won't let you down.l

The figure next to her also removed his hood. He looked exactly like Matteo

Dolly smirked. "I know you won't, Demi. I know that you and Mark will do great."

"We sure will!" Mark said.

Dolly was pleased to see her two newest drawings eager to get on with the plan. They were way better than the real Daphne and Matteo. But that wasn't hard. They were already better by not being the real Daphne and Matteo.

"Dolly?" Polly's voice could be heard. "You here?"

Dolly chuckled and looked at the two drawings again. "Showtime."

Not far from the three, Polly called her girlfriend's name again and looked around. She soon spotted three figures and she could tell one of them was Dolly from the back. "Dolly?"

"We don't need any pity from you, freak!" Mark yelled at Dolly. "Why don't you just get out of here?!"

"Matteo?" Polly made it over to them. "What's going on?"

"Look who decided to show up!" Mark glared at Polly. "It's the other abomination!"

"Hey, leave her alone!" Dolly glared back at Mark. "She's the one that wants to help you, remember?!"

"And I said I don't want any of her help," Mark said. "It's her fault I was attacked in the first place."

Demi wrapped her arms around Mark's arm as she also glared at Polly. "Haven't you done enough damage? Why can't you just see that we nor anybody else wants anything to do with you!"

Polly felt a bit sad and disappointed when she heard Demi say that. She thought that after their last encounter that her view of her changed. "But...I thought we were starting to become friends."

Mark let out the cruelest laugh he could muster "Are you serious?! Her?! My Daphne friends with a freak like you?! You've got to be kidding!"

"You tried to brainwash me into thinking that you weren't bad but my Matteo let me know what was really going on," Demi said. "Just because he was attacked doesn't mean he lost that big brain of his. He knew exactly what was going on once we talked."

"Let me get this straight," Dolly said. "You think Polly sent some monster after you just to get close to your girlfriend?"

"Not just that," Mark said. "She wanted to finally be the hero she thinks she is but never was and never will be. She's not fooling anyone. Why don't you two freaks go away and never come back!"

He slapped Dolly across the face. He then found himself pushed by Polly who quickly checked on Dolly.

"Are you okay?!" Polly asked her girlfriend.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine," Dolly replied, looking at Polly with tears coming to her eyes.

Polly put a comforting hand on her shoulder, before she turned to Mark and Demi and, in a serious tone, she said, "I think it's time for you two to go."