2 | What Is The Surprise? ?

Titli Basu

Titli Basu

Clearing my throat and fixing my collar, I stood in front of the staff room. My heart beats were louder when I saw them room was empty. Only Mr. Agastya's back was visible. Only he was present here.

And that information made my knee weaker even.

" M.. May I come in s.. sir? " I stuttered while asking.

I saw him straightening his back and then turning his head little towards me before nodding.

He doesn't speak much. I mostly have seen him talking while teaching us. Otherwise he stays quiet. Even in staff room. I hardly... really hardly have seen him talking to any other teachers even.

" Come in " He stated in that deep tone which I love the most about him.

I nodded slightly and entered. When I stood beside his chair, automatically sweat started forming on my forehead. I gulped before asking, "why did you call me sir?"

" I have something to show you " With that, I saw him putting hands inside of his drawer. He took out a roll of paper and started to unroll it in front of me. I gulped looking at that. What could it be?

A love letter?

Stop using your braincells titli!!

If I'm not much wrong... then... My results?

" I hope you remember that we had a class test last week " He said placing the paper in front of me on the table.

I nodded silently looking down. I didn't have the courage to look at the paper even.

" Did you not study or ignored my words? "

" Ignored your words... No.. "  I palmed my mouth suddenly understanding that I raised my voice out of nowhere.

He looked at me raising a brow.

I was still palming my mouth and shook my head.

" Then, explain this number " He pushed the paper to me, signalling me to see that.

" How much did I get s.. sir? " I asked nervously before talking the paper.

" Check by your own " He started to do something in his other file suddenly. Didn't even look at me anymore.

Pressing my lips tightly, I spared a glance at my paper. My eyes winded in shock. I knew I did not perform good but.... but... What's this?
9 out of 25 ?
I was... was seriously going to the worse. None could save me. What about mom? What will I tell her? Shit....

But what about him now? Mr. Agastya? What will he do with me? He hardly calls anyone in staff room to talk. Maybe I'm the only student he asked to meet.... Chi...

" I told you to explain. " Again his eyes didn't meet me, he just spoke that.

" S.. Sorry sir.. " And as usual I had no answer than that sorry...