Part 64

Chapter 64

Standing face to face like this, Lu Yan realized that Jiang Cheng Yi was a little taller than she thought, and she had to raise her head to look at him.

He was also looking at her, and he looked very carefully, first at her eyebrows, then at her eyes, and then at the corners of her lips.

He stared at her for a while, then raised his gaze, stared into her eyes, and said with a slight smile: "What's your name? What's your name? I'll give you a new pair of shoes."

There seemed to be something depressing floating in the air.

She tried her best not to think about this strange feeling, glanced at him coldly and said, "No, I'll just go back and brush it."

His look was very "sincere": "How about I brush it for you? It's been stained twice, which is embarrassing enough."

"Just don't get it dirty a third time."

She glanced at him.

He was much more shameless than she thought.

He seemed not to have heard her dissatisfaction at all.

He just smiled and said, "If You make them dirty a third time, I will have to buy you a new pair."

As he said this, he took a look at her shoes and "kindly" suggested, "Brushing shoes takes a lot of effort. Can I brush them for you?"

His voice was low, with a sense of shaking the air.

When he spoke, he kept looking at her intently, and the smile in his eyes made her ears warm for no reason.

Can he brush shoes?

She doubted it and wanted to refuse outright, but then she thought of teasing him and nodded and said, "Okay then."

With this man's ball-handling skills, she didn't believe that he would "miss" twice.

Since he was so boring, let him have a taste of cleaning shoes.

She took out the sandals in the shoe bag from her schoolbag, changed them in front of him, then put the sneakers in, handed them to him calmly, and said with a smile, "I'll spare your trouble."

He wasn't surprised at all and actually took it: "I'll give it to you after you clean it."

It was obviously an extremely narrow proposal, but he accepted it so logically.

Her smile couldn't help but froze slightly, and something that Tang Jie usually said when she was angry suddenly came to her mind: That man really deserves a beating, I really want to beat him.

Although she kept smiling at this moment, she had this thought in her heart.

"By the way, what's your name?"

He changed the subject without changing his expression.

"Lu Yan." She replied indifferently.

"Lu Yan."

He pretended to repeat these two words, deliberately speaking low and slow, as if he was chewing fruit juice candy.

Her heartbeat quickened and she frowned seriously: "Is there anything else?"

She heard him smile: "My name is Jiang Cheng Yi."

"Oh."

She hummed calmly, as if she was hearing the name for the first time.

For two days on the weekend, Lu Yan reviewed her homework at home.

There was a cheerleading rehearsal on Monday.

During lunch break, she remembered that Jiang Cheng Yi said he would put his shoes under the audience seats in the gymnasium, so she came out of the classroom after lunch.

There was usually no one at the gymnasium at noon, so she planned to change her shoes there before going out to eat, so as not to be without shoes during the afternoon rehearsal.

But when they got there, Jiang Cheng Yi and other team members were practicing on the field.

It must be because the preliminary round was approaching, and the coach called them to practice more.

When she came in, Jiang Cheng Yi just dunked a basketball and didn't look towards the door at all.

Lu Yan found the seat in the auditorium and touched it.

Sure enough, there was her shoe bag.

When she opened it, she found that it was much cleaner than she expected.

Not only the uppers, but also the laces and insoles were brand new.

Her cheeks warmed up, and she felt an inexplicable reservedness unique to a girl.

Whether intentionally or not, at this moment, Jiang Cheng Yi also looked over, and the moment their eyes met, he seemed to smile.

She couldn't sit still, and suddenly she couldn't change her shoes in front of him like that night, so she slipped out of the auditorium with her shoe bag.

Just as she was about to leave, she heard someone calling her from behind.

It's Jiang Cheng Yi.

"How are you, are you satisfied?"

He was sweating, his neat short hair stuck to his forehead, he pointed at the shoes in her hand and asked her, without smiling, but she always felt that there was a narrowness in his eyes.

"It's okay."

Her tone was critical, but she smiled generously, "Thank you."

"Oh."

He raised his eyebrows and continued, "Have you eaten? I've delayed you in putting on your shoes for the past two days. How about I treat you to dinner?"

"No, I made an appointment with my classmate."

She forced a smile and refused to interact with him again.

As for the reason, she couldn't explain it clearly.

In short, she felt it was necessary to keep a distance from him, so as soon as she finished speaking, she turned around and left.

However, when she ran far away, she could still feel someone watching her from behind.