Chapter 56

Previously on Chapter 55

I turn my head to look at the Dark Emperor to see them staring at us with triumphant smirk on their face. I grit my teeth in frustration, clenching my hands into tight fists. One way or another... I'll bring their old selves back.

-Awakening-

Y/N P.O.V

Despite finding out who I truly am, and despite being able to use my technique without collapsing from the exhaustion. Something in me is still lacking. I'm not sure what it is, but I feel like I'm still not at my full potential.

Everyone visibly starts to look tired. The Dark Emperor keeps attacking us relentlessly, not even giving us any opening to strike back. I grit my teeth in frustration. I thought that I'm suppose to be strong. But am I still lacking?

You won't be able to awaken your true power, if you still can't accept who you are... a voice echoed in my head. I frown at the voice. Is that what the turmoil in me? Is that what is preventing me from using my true strength? So... I have to do is to accept myself? Is that all there is to it?

"L/N!!" Kidou yelled out. I snap out of my daze as he kicks the ball towards me. I jump and did a flip, taking the ball in my possession. Accept who I am... to unlock my true self.

I close my eyes as my surrounding seems to move in a slow motion. The others still accepted me even after they found out that I'm not an ordinary human. If they accept me, there shouldn't be a reason for me to not accept who I am.

I feel a strange power flowing through my vein. I slowly open my eyes as I lift my hand to see a soft f/c light that starts emitting from my body. I turn my head to look at the others to see them moving quite slow. I turn my head to the side to see Kurimatsu moving towards me. I move out of the way. I turn my attention towards Sugimori.

"Eternal Flame!!!" I yelled out. I kick the ball towards him. A burst of flame emits from the ball as it forms into a dragon, advancing towards their goal at a rapid speed.

Sugimori tries to stop my hissatsu

Sugimori tries to stop my hissatsu. But my shoot gets a lot stronger. My shoot eventually breaks through his defense and enters the goal. I brace myself for any sign of fatigue, but nothing comes. My whole body still feels quite fit despite being tired. It's different from the times I used a hissatsu which leads to collapsing.

"That was a strong kick! Are you all right?" Fubuki said, as he rushes towards me. I turn my head to look at him and nod my head. "Wow... looks like you've awakened your true strength. How did you do that?" He said.

"All I did was accept who I truly am. Alien or human... I'm a part of Raimon Eleven" I said. Fubuki smiles at me. He lift his hand, offering a high-five. I grin happily as I accept his gesture by gently slapping my hand with his.

"You all have to remember!!" I yelled out, turning to look at the members of Dark Emperor. "The real soccer! We've managed to win our matches because of our will, and our refusal to surrender..." I said.