chapter 7

Prisi’s pov

When I went back to my dorm I came to the realization that I might not get the same roommates I did last year. Don't get me wrong, I love my house. But some of us can be a bit… how do I phrase this? Stuck up! Honestly it's the hard truth. Like when I met Kira, last year's roommate, she was a total bitch. She only ever talked about her stupid ravenclaw boyfriend, And how he was so great.

Like girl,
we all know he's cheating on you with a 4th year. Honestly I feel sorry for her but it's not like she doesn't know. She just refused to acknowledge it. When I brought it up last year. She yelled at me, and told me not to shove my “relationship problems with Sebastian” on her and her future husband. Like girl, is more delusional then ranrock I swear.

Honestly I don't know what would be worse. Having her as my roommate again this year? Or trying my luck with someone knew? At least I know Imelda and I are rooming again. It's the third person I'm worried about.

As dinner was over the prefects led the first years to the common room, Imelda and I not far behind. We had chose to leave a bit earlier then everyone else. But I didn't want everyone watching as I left so we just followed the first years. My plan didn't work as well as I hoped but there's not much I can do about that at the moment.

As I stopped at the entrance to the Slytherin commons, watching first years gauk at the appearing snake door. I couldn't help but feel scared. Scared that this year was ganna be worse. Terrified really. I have to spend all year avoiding Sebastian, all while I try to look for a cure for his twin. figure out what to do about the power of the repository that is dragging me down like a mermaid in the black lake. Try to avoid the new magic theory teacher,like I have a choice. Not to mention whatever Rockwoods followers are up to. There's no way they're just giving up after fighting to stay afloat all summer. This year is gonna be shit, I'll be lucky to just barely be passing my classes.

Imelda breaks me form my thoughts as she aggressively shoves her elbow into my side. “Ow Mel? What in Merlins beard was that for?” I said as I rubbed the now bruising side of my abdomen. “I've been talking to you for 5 minutes” she hissed, crossing her arms In Front of her chest. “You better not be feeling sorry for Sebastian. I don't care what he did, he deserves that black eye prisi.” looking at me with the glare of the sun “it's not about sallow, ok im just tired.” I talked looking into the open door to the common room “don't lie to me Priscilla. I know you, you have the overthinking face on. If it's not sallow then what's going on?” she said tentatively. She looks worried I didn't think that was possible. I don't want her to worry about my issues. Shes so excited about quidditch this year, there's no point in telling her.

“Careful Mel, someone might think you care about something other than quidditch.” I say jokingly. She rolls her eyes as she turns towards the door “then stop giving me reasons to be worried.” I watch her disappear as the door to the commons close. I figured I would give the first years time to calm down and leave the commons before I even think about going in there. I figure a walk around the castle will be good for me, To Help me think.

Ha that's just what I need more time to overthink.

Surprisingly I've barely thought a single thing my whole walk. I've made it quite far from where the crowds of people usually are. I mindlessly walked to the undercroft then realized that was incredibly dumb and made a sharp left down to the Dungeons. As I walked farther down the smell turned more musky, dirt mixed with stone and a tinge of metal hung in the air. Poppy always said she hated the dungeons because it felt smothering. Whenever she was with me down here I tried to make it more light, less smothering.

I've always hated cold musky dark places. But last year's events were that and a bit more. Then again most of the time I was joined by one of my friends, mostly Sebastian. He did a better job of making it less scary than I ever could. I've learned to enjoy the beauty in the cold, dark, and musky.