eleven

October 22nd, 2022

The crisp September of Ann Arbor was a welcome change from the Summer heat. Olivia stood in-front of her mirror, admiring her outfit making sure it was perfect, before heading into her kitchen. She had chosen her favorite pair of Levi's jeans and a casual black cropped long sleeve for her date with Rutger. She felt a mixture of excitement and nervousness as she adjusted her hair one final time.

A few minutes later, there was a knock on the door. The blonde girls heart fluttered with anticipation as she opened the door. There he was standing outside of her door with a bouquet of flowers. Rutgers eyes lit up when he saw her as if he had never seen her before.

"Hi, pretty girl," Rutger greeted handing the girl the flowers. "You look amazing."

"Thank you, Rut," Olivia replied, feeling a little flustered and knowing that her cheeks were definitely bright red. "You look okay I guess" The blonde jokes setting yet another bouquet of flowers on her kitchen counter.

"Gee thanks, I'll just leave since my date doesn't think I look good" Rutger said laughing taking a step out of the girls apartment.

They walked to Rutgers car, and he opened the passenger door for her. "Your chariot awaits m'lady," the brunette said with a playful bow.

Olivia laughed as she got into the car. Rutger closer the door and then got in on the drivers side. As they drove to the restaurant, they chatted about Rutgers hockey game tonight which happened to be the home opener. Olivia felt at ease with Rutger; his presence was comforting and familiar.

When they arrived at the restaurant, Rutger parked the car and quickly walked around to open Olivia's door. "Such a gentleman," Olivia teased.

"Only for you," Rutger replied with a wink.

They strolled into the restaurant, and the waiter promptly brought them their menus.

After placing their orders, Rutger leaned back in his chair, his expression turning far more serious than he ever is. "Olivia, there's something i've been wanting to talk to you about."

Olivia's heart skipped a beat "What is it?" The blonde questioned fiddling with her fingers in her lap.

Rutger took a deep breath and Olivia braced herself for it to be something bad. "Well we've been spending a lot of time together the past month, and I really enjoy being with you. You're smart, funny and you're so beautiful. I feel like we have a really good connection."

The blonde girls cheeks flushed a bright red, silently agreeing with his words, and she looked down at her hands, feeling a mix of many emotions. "I feel the same way Rutger."

He reached across the table and gently took her hand in his, "Olivia, will you be my girlfriend " The girl couldn't believe what she was hearing, she felt as if she was in a dream.

This is all the girl has dreamt about, since her last relationship and how toxic it was. She has dreamed for a guy like Rutger for forever.

Olivia's eyes met his, and she saw the sincerity in his gaze. Her heart swelled with joy. "Yes Rutger I would love to be your girlfriend!"

Rutger couldn't contain the smile on his face "You have no idea how happy you make me" the boy confessed.

The food arrived, and they spent the rest of their lunch date sharing an immense amount of laughter and stories from their childhoods even some newer stories, savoring the delicious meal and the newfound depth in their relationship.

As they walked out of the restaurant, hand in hand, Olivia felt a sense of contentment. The future seemed bright, and she was excited to see where this next chapter would take Rutger and herself.

authors note💌
thank you guys for all of the support
on this book! I time skipped a little bit
just so we would be able to get into hockey season. Yay our fav couple is dating