Sabine

Chamber was never the most likable agent in the protocol, and while he did have useful skills, Viper did not consider them useful enough. Multiple times Chamber had attempted to take her out on a date, and every single time she had denied him. He couldn't take no for an answer and thus the controller only disliked him even more. As disgusting as it was to think about, she guessed that her constant rejections of him only made him more interested. Going on a date with her was a challenge to him, and he would not back down. This however, was not common knowledge in the protocol. The majority of agents had their reservations about him, but common consensus was that he was a slightly pompous, highly capable, decent (at best) person.

That was all before he accused Killjoy of working for Kingdom. Neon and Skye had thankfully not been drinking when the chaos began, and they had used their abilities to stun the tipsy and emotionally charged duelists and Brimstone. Omen and Sage had dragged Viper away from the room, Viper who did not think she was very drunk at the time, was kicking and screaming curses at the French man.

Brimstone (who was being held back by Breach and Sova), was so emotional and drunk that he shouted incoherent nonsense while making threatening gestures at Chamber. The crowd dispersed, Brimstone, Viper and the duelists were unwillingly dragged out and back to their rooms. Reyna remained in the room with Chamber, her expression revealed nothing of what she thought of the situation.

"Why do you think Killjoy willingly worked with Kingdom?" she inquired. Although she had drunk a fair bit of tequila, the Mexican woman seemed unfazed by the level of alcohol in her system.

"I worked for Kingdom, I know they can be harsh but they are reasonable. They never forced me to do anything," Chamber reasoned, gesturing in the direction Viper had been dragged off to, he continued, "Look at our friend Viper, she was never forced to do anything for Kingdom."

Reyna stared at him incredulously, "You don't know her at all."

"I would love to, but she won't go out with me... yet..." he reflected, staring calmly back.

"Revenge is all she ever talks about, yet you think Kingdom has done nothing wrong?"

Chamber stayed quiet. His brow furrowed as he thought over Reyna's words.

"You were never forced to do anything for Kingdom because you would not hesitate to do unspeakable things... but there are some who could not live with themselves if they did the same things as you," Reyna spat, disgust etched on her face.

"As you and I," Chamber scowled.

"I am nothing like you. I kill because I have someone to feed, you kill because it is more convenient."

"You kill innocent people, you cannot deny that," Chamber shot back, feeling metaphorically backed in a corner.

"You want to know something, French man? Every soul I eat tastes disgusting. Souls are tainted by actions, and your soul?" Reyna tapped the sentinel's chest, "Your soul smells filthy."

Chamber was too stunned to respond, but the duelist did not wait, "Viper and Killjoy have suffered under Kingdom. Lucia has suffered because of Kingdom. Do not come to me and tell me that Kingdom is reasonable. Do not tell us who the enemy is. Do not tell me that I kill innocent people. Every person I kill knows what they are doing from the moment they pick up their gun." Reyna was absolutely livid. Somehow she was scarier when she was lecturing than during battle.

Chamber shrank away from her, leaning as far back in his chair as he could. He felt like a small child being scolded by their mother. He racked his brain for something to say, but came up with nothing. Reyna would not be fooled by flowery language or cynical worldviews.