❀ Rival ❀

Oneshot-12
MAFIA AU
Words: 2220

♡*:....:*♡

Namjoon leaned against a brick wall in an alley, the air thick with the scent of rain-soaked asphalt. He watched the city pulse with life, feeling the weight of his crown. The hum of a nearby club reverberated through the darkness. Tonight, he had a mission: to retrieve a stolen shipment that could spark a war between rival factions.

"Joon!" a voice called, breaking his focus. It was Yoongi, his most trusted lieutenant, approaching with urgency. "We've got a problem."

"What is it hyung?" Namjoon asked, his voice steady.

"The shipment is being held at the old factory by the river. But we're not the only ones after it. I heard Seokjin's men are in the area."

Namjoon felt a chill run down his spine. Seokjin. The man who made his heart race and his mind spin with possibilities. They were from opposite sides of the tracks- Namjoon ruled the underworld, while Seokjin was a rising star in the city's legitimate business scene. The son of his rival. In a way, Seokjin was his Rival too, but in more than one way. Their worlds collided in ways that were both exhilarating and dangerous.

"Keep our options open," Namjoon said, his eyes narrowing. "We can't let them get to it first."

As they headed toward the factory, thoughts of Seokjin consumed him. They had met by chance at a charity event months ago, a masquerade where masks hid their identities but not their chemistry. Namjoon had never believed in love at first sight until he saw Seokjin's smile, the kind that could light up even the darkest corners of his life.

The factory loomed ahead, a shadowy giant draped in secrets. Namjoon and Yoongi slipped inside, the sounds of their footsteps muffled by the thick air. Suddenly, voices echoed from a nearby room.

"Don't let them take it!" a familiar voice commanded-Seokjin's voice. Namjoon's heart raced. He motioned for Yoongi to follow as they stealthily approached the door.

"Seokjin," Namjoon whispered, feeling a mix of excitement and dread.

"We have to be quick," Seokjin urged his men. "If Namjoon gets here first, we're done for."

"Why are you always so worried about him?" one of his men scoffed. "He's just a thug."

"Maybe. But he's my thug," Seokjin retorted, determination in his voice.

Namjoon's heart swelled. The idea that Seokjin cared enough to protect him in this brutal world filled him with a warmth that contrasted with the chill of their surroundings. He pushed open the door, stepping into the dim light.

"Seokjin!" he called, his voice steady. The room fell silent.

Seokjin turned, surprise washing over his face. "Namjoon! What are you doing here?"

"I came for the shipment," he said, standing tall despite the tension in the air. "And it seems you're in my way."

"Is that how you see it?" Seokjin asked, crossing his arms. "I'm trying to keep my men safe."

"Safe from me?" Namjoon stepped closer, heart pounding. "You know I would never hurt you."

Seokjin's eyes softened, but the tension hung heavy between them. "You say that, but this life..." He gestured around them. "This life is dangerous, Namjoon."

"Maybe we can change that," Namjoon suggested, his voice low. "Maybe we can find a way out."

Seokjin shook his head, frustration and sadness mingling in his gaze. "You think it's that simple? You're the king of the shadows, Namjoon. You can't just walk away."