Part 11

As days passed, the distance between Tia and Joel steadily decreased, and they found themselves growing very close to one another. They spent more time together, shared more secrets, and their bond became stronger with each passing day.

Meanwhile, derek determined to put an end to the guns smuggling activities, planned a direct raid on their hideout. He had painstakingly gathered information and obtained a crucial hard drive that he believed would lead to a successful operation. However, when he and his team arrived at the location, they found it empty. All the guns and contraband had vanished without a trace.

Frustration and disappointment washed over the Derek. It was evident that someone leaked the information. Derek who had put so much effort into this operation, felt a profound sense of betrayal and failure. He resolved to uncover the mole within his team and vowed to stay two steps ahead of his adversaries from now on.

While Quint was on a different mission. He decided to investigate Starlight University, focusing on events from 25 years ago. He was particularly interested in the chemistry department, where he believed he might find crucial leads. Upon arriving at the university, Quint discovered that there were eight chemistry professors during that period. He meticulously gathered information about each of them, trying to piece together any connections to the present situation.

Quint then focused on finding out which of these professors had transferred to other institutions. After an exhaustive search, he identified three professors who had moved away. One of these professors had two daughters, another had one son and one daughter, and the third had only one son. Quint's instincts told him that one of these professors' sons could be connected to the Zhang.

He began by considering the professor with two daughters but quickly dismissed this lead. Next, he turned his attention to the professor with a son and a daughter. The son was 16 years old, and Quint reasoned that he couldn't be the zhang leader's son, as the boy should be around 22 years old by now.

This left Quint with the third professor, who had a single son. Quint's intuition and the process of elimination convinced him that this had to be the right lead. He believed firmly that this professor's son was connected to the zhang. Without wasting any time, Quint set out to locate and meet this young man.