EPILOGUE | I MISSED YOU....

Y/N'S P

Y/N'S P.O.V.
"I miss you, Princess." Taehyung said with a little scrunch of his nose while I gazed straight through his almond coffee colored iris as I stretched my lips in a wistful smile.

He took a glance at the roads of London while the sun brazed his tan skin and his eyes glimmering in the amber rays of the sun through the Cabriolet roof of his car.

"I miss you too. I am lonely without you. If it wasn't for Aeri and mom, I would have been brooding somewhere on Sunday night. I will go back tomorrow and I have to spend three more days alone without anyone." I said, shrugging my shoulders lightly while I took a glance at the tiny frame of Aeri sleeping beside me.

Taehyung had to go on a pressing business trip to London a day before yesterday. Taehyung insisted that I should go on a mini holiday at Seokjin's house as Yeji and Seokjin are both on a mini vacation.

Taehyung insisted me to spend some good quality time with his mother. They both are still calculating the distance between them yet, his soft side has started to show up almost a month ago when Hyun-Ki got arrested.

I took in a breath as the scenarios of that night surrendered in my mind. It could have been the worst night of my life if it wasn't for Taehyung.

-
LEE HYUN-KI'S ARREST NIGHT

"LETTING YOU LIVE WAS MY BIGGEST MISTAKE, KIM TAEHYUNG." Hyun-Ki roared from the exit of the airport when I turned around to look at him with the metal gun pointed in my direction which he soon twisted in Taehyung's direction making my heart skip on several beats and my eyes enlarged.

The only thing I could think of was to save Taehyung and I did that. Scurrying in front of Taehyung without a second thought when the sound of the gunshot pierced my eardrums and the next voice I heard was of Taehyung, "Y/N!"

Clenching my eyes shut, I equipped myself for the sting pain which was about to prick through my flesh anytime when I felt Taehyung pushing us to the other side as his sturdy hold was wrapped around my waist and back and he hugged me stiffly.

I fell on someone soft yet rigid with my heart hammering inside my chest before gulping down, I hastily opened my eyes as I encounter my surroundings. I was settled on Taehyung's chest while my chest heaved up and down in sync with his.

Everything happened in a nick of seconds that it took me a few seconds to process what the hell was happening around me when the other thing, we heard was the multiple gunshots at a distance as I closed my eyes once again when Taehyung pulled me closer by my nape closer to his chest, "Stay still." He whispered, holding me securely.

My breathings were uneven yet I could feel the shielded in the arms of Taehyung, "Are you okay?" Feeling him looking in the direction of the gunshots as he turned his head and I was about to do the same when he skimmed his hand from my nape to my cheek, "He is gone. There is nothing for you to see." He muttered the last part yet I could hear it clearly in the tranquil atmosphere other than the footsteps approaching us.