Chapter 9

With a blank face and mind, I strolled up the stairs to the lair door, opening it. In there, I saw that the lair was exactly how I left it:

Torches on the walls, chandeliers on the ceiling, magma floor, lava carpet, and most, possibly worst, of all, the demons. They flew / walked / ran around the lair. I wondered what all the commotion was about as I walked.

"Sonic! Where have you been?!" asked one of them. I turned around to see Eclipse the Darkling, a super soldier and one of the visitors here. Yeah, one. He was made by the Black Arms to essentially be their answer to Shadow.

"None of your business, Eclipse. How long was I gone?" I asked. "A week and a half!! Master freaked out looking for you." scolded Eclipse. "Sorry I was gone for so long," I scratched the back of my neck. "I was... kidnapped by a hero. But I got out eventually."

I chose not to tell Eclipse that I was trapped in a cave with Knuckles. Eclipse wasn't exactly a dependable person and if I told him to keep a secret he'd most likely blurt it out. "Well, you might want to stay out of Master's way for a while." said Eclipse.

"Why? Did "dad" have a tamper tantrum again?" I asked. "Pretty much. Just don't go in his room if you know what's best for you." suggested Eclipse. I nodded, taking his word for it.

To explain how and why Eclipse is in the demon army, he was handed over by Black Doom himself to Master as an exchange for Shadow. Of course Eclipse failed to get Shadow back into the army and Black Doom forced Master to keep him.

"Well, I'll be off. Please don't tell Chloe and Bianca that I'm back, or else they'll be all over me." I begged. "I don't even talk to them so, your secret's safe with me." promised Eclipse. That was true, Eclipse never did talk to Chloe and Bianca, nor has met them.

"Thanks, ipse." I thanked, running off. "No problem!! Stay away from Master, okay!?!" asked Eclipse. "Alright!! Oh My Solaris, I hope he keeps his promise." I sighed.

I spent the rest of the day avoiding Master. But one question, and one question only stayed fixated in my mind when I went to sleep:

Is there any hope left?