LXXXIV

*2 YEARS LATER*

Azure let out an exhausted grunt, setting down the last carton box on the floor of their new house. Their completely empty new house.

She wiped off the sweat from her forehead, watching as Katie set down the two cat carriers further on the wooden floor.

"Remind me why did we decide to do that today?" Azure asked, letting out a sigh.

They had played and won their last game of the season a few hours earlier. So short ago that they were still wearing their medals around their necks and their presentation kits.

"Because you guys are stupid," Beth answered for Katie, walking in with a smirk on her face. She carried a box labeled "Kitchen" and placed it on the countertop. "Seriously, you two couldn't wait one more day?"

Katie shrugged, smiling despite her exhaustion. "We were too excited. Plus, we wanted to wake up here tomorrow. Feels like a fresh start."

Azure shook her head with a tired laugh. "Yeah, but now we're dead tired and our house is filled with boxes."

Beth looked around at the chaotic sea of cardboard. "Well, I hope you have coffee unpacked somewhere because you're going to need it."

Katie rolled her eyes playfully. "We'll manage. Thanks for helping us, Beth."

Beth waved her hand dismissively. "No worries. As long as you don't call in too tired for tonight."

"Oh, right. It's at yours and Viv's, yeah?" Azure asked.

Beth nodded. "Yep, our place. It's going to be a blast. Just don't pass out in the middle of it."

Azure laughed, though she felt the weight of exhaustion in her bones. "We'll try our best. Can't promise anything, though."

Katie, ever the optimist, gave Azure a reassuring squeeze. "We've made it this far. What's a little more unpacking and a party?"

Beth shook her head, amused. "Alright, I shall go back to the wife. See you two later tonight. Try not to get lost in all these boxes."

With a final wave, Beth left, leaving Azure and Katie alone in their new, still-unpacked home. They stood there for a moment, taking in the magnitude of what they had just accomplished—not just the move, but everything leading up to this moment. The games, the victories, the personal growth, and now this new chapter together. Their introspection got cut short, though, by Cooper visibly going insane in his carrier and meowing like he was on the verge of dying.

Katie rolled her eyes and walked back to the carrier, crouching down and setting her cat free, who immediately flew to god knows where, before she opened the second carrier, where the cat Azure had offered her a few months ago was.

"Hey, baby boy," She called, almost whispering, gently snapping her fingers to get his attention. The little calico cat, named Stallone, cautiously stepped out of the carrier, his green eyes wide as he took in the unfamiliar surroundings. He rubbed against Katie's leg, purring softly as she stroked his head.

Azure watched the scene with a tender smile, feeling a sense of contentment despite the exhaustion. She walked over to Katie and wrapped her arms around her waist from behind, resting her chin on Katie's shoulder.

Katie leaned back into Azure's embrace, sighing contentedly. "It's hard to believe we're finally here, isn't it?"

Azure nodded. "Yeah, it really is. It feels like just yesterday we were talking about moving in together, and now we're actually doing it."